L/R Mix levels

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
mattclarkmixer

L/R Mix levels

Post by mattclarkmixer »

I’m running my X32 rack for IEMs only. Bus 1/2 and 3/4 are being used for 2 IEM mixes. I use X32 Edit for adjustments.

I’ve noticed that in order for a vocal channel, for example, to be heard in a one of these busses, it needs to have it’s corresponding fader raised in the Main L/R bus. I’m assuming this is happening because the bus sends are post fader, correct? Can I change this behavior by changing all the channels sends to pre-fader?
Karnage

Re: L/R Mix levels

Post by Karnage »

Hello!

That sounds like the solution to me. The 6 bus mixes I use for monitoring on my XR18 are all set Pre Fader for sure.

Post fader is most commonly used for effects, but not always. Sometimes someone will want roughly or exactly the FOH mix in a monitor bus and will set it post fader, but that's rare, and not really relevant to you running this X32 for IEM only.

Best, Karn.
craigf

Post by craigf »

If you're running the console exclusively for monitors then running ch>bus sends post fader can make sense. You can set the levels to unity in LR, then adjust on an individual bus level. Then, if you want to adjust the level of one channel in all buses, you can adjust it in the LR mix, and you'll affect it in all buses.
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

craigf wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:56 am If you're running the console exclusively for monitors then running ch>bus sends post fader can make sense. You can set the levels to unity in LR, then adjust on an individual bus level. Then, if you want to adjust the level of one channel in all buses, you can adjust it in the LR mix, and you'll affect it in all buses.
That is the way that the pros do it.

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”