New firmware v3 for SD stage boxes

Behringer WING Consoles
DaveT

New firmware v3 for SD stage boxes

Post by DaveT »

New v3 firmware now live on music group for the SD stage boxes to eventually fix the Wing issue of using both ports

Changelog
[3.0] - 2024-01-02
Added
support for Wing protocol (use of Wing on both ports)

Dave
DaveT

Re: New firmware v3 for SD stage boxes

Post by DaveT »

I See Behringer still havent got their uploader programs sorted for modern day computers, and still zero support for Mac ..... Surface pro 8 with USB c to USB 3 adapter - no joy, tried with usb c to usb 2 - no joy, tried USB hub with both usb 3 and 2 - no joy, tried another powered hub with 2 and 3 -- no joy. tried compaq windows machine with usb 3 and 2 built in -- no joy, tried HP with usb 3 and 2 -- no joy. Final resort, old acer aspire with usb 1 and 2 -- eventually worked on USB 1 !!!! through all of this I tried various cables as well with no joy.

Crazy
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Well after uploading, im guessing we will have to wait on a wing update for it to work. Port B shows up red on the wing instead of green, on both SD8 and SD16, and will not pass audio.
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@DaveT

I was able to use Win11 without any issue (for firmware update) I did not try connecting to a Wing but it was fine for X32.
EDIT: Do you have Wing firmware 2.0 installed?

https://behringer.world/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=1475
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

yes wing is v2. I can connect wing a to sd16 a , sd16 b to sd 8 a - and I t works as expected, however try to plug anything direct to port on the stage boxes and they fail i.e. wing to sd16 B - fail, wing to sd8 b - fail. Wing to sd16 a. sd16 b to sd8 b -- fail. Looks like the sd only allows port B as the "output" and wont accept input from a master source like the desk or another stage box
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

The uploading of firmware has always been a bug bear with behringer. No support for Mac, and flaky support for windows machines unless you manage to get just the correct combination of OS, machine, and usb port type. Its very very hit or miss.
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

What I have also found is that its hit or miss daisy chaining box to box, sometimes it takes a few attempts for the connection to be stable, as im seeing the red LED flashing on the sending box, but green on the receiving one and vice versa sometimes. unPlug wait 5 to 10 seconds and then plug a few times seems to clear it. Have tried various cables, and it's not cable length, as the ones im using in the studio are all less than 3 Mts. Sockets are all clean and clear.
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@DaveT ill try to get my wing and a few sd’s connecting later to see my outcome. I would suspect that they daisy chain like they always did, that is inputs +8/16 etc and outputs (switch selected) downstream. I would hope the Wing syncs green with the directly connected, closest one at least. Otherwise not sure why they bothered at all.
angr77

Post by angr77 »

There have today (17/4) been posted new versions of the 3.0 firmware where the upgrade process can execute from newer PCs with Windows 10 and Windows 11.

Best regards

Anders
Angr77, Flow 8, XR18, Mackie DL32S, X32 Core, X32 Rack and WING + S32, 2x S16 + X-Touch and A&H CQ20B
Developer of www.z-liverec.com
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

I seem recall this happening in the past with I think the S16. Updated exe was published due to the amount of complaints re the exe not working on newer machines etc. Thanks for the heads up Anders.

Return to “WING Consoles”