Midi channel

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
mattclarkmixer

Midi channel

Post by mattclarkmixer »

I’ve got a Behringer x32 rack. Is there a way to set the midi in to only receive on a particular midi channel? Like midi channel 2 for example.
pvannatto

Re: Midi channel

Post by pvannatto »

mattclarkmixer wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:36 am Is there a way to set the midi in to only receive on a particular midi channel?
Not really. Just send midi commands on channel 2. Is there a specific reason why you can't just send midi chan 2?
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
mattclarkmixer

Post by mattclarkmixer »

pvannatto wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:59 am
mattclarkmixer wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:36 am Is there a way to set the midi in to only receive on a particular midi channel?
Not really. Just send midi commands on channel 2. Is there a specific reason why you can't just send midi chan 2?
I'm setting up wireless midi via bluetooth. Works great, I was having a problem where the X32 was picking up midi I was sending to another device on channel 1. I've got a note into the wireless midi companies tech support. Worst case scenario there is a workaround but I'd rather use their suggested method if possible.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

mattclarkmixer wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:28 am X32 was picking up midi I was sending to another device on channel 1
How are you sending midi to multiple devices? If you are daisy-chaining by using the midi out of the X32, that is not a Thru output. The X32 midi is designed to be the only midi device to be controlled by another midi device.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
mattclarkmixer

Post by mattclarkmixer »

pvannatto wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:15 pm
mattclarkmixer wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:28 am X32 was picking up midi I was sending to another device on channel 1
How are you sending midi to multiple devices? If you are daisy-chaining by using the midi out of the X32, that is not a Thru output. The X32 midi is designed to be the only midi device to be controlled by another midi device.
I got it figured out. No daisy chaining. The wireless midi thing broadcasts simultaneously to multiple devices via bluetooth. I changed what midi messages the x32 would receive and that solved it.

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”