Behringer V-AMP 2

Felonious Punk

Behringer V-AMP 2

Post by Felonious Punk »

Dug this blast from the past out of my barn this week. Shook the dust off the case and got one of the zippers to move after about 1/2 hour of fiddling only to find out the power supply is FUBAR. Ordered one online and she fired right up! The left side anyway. The only working effect was auto wah.
Damn! So I did a quick Google search that pointed me to a factory reset. That got me squared away.

20 years later and I like it better now. I tried to use it live back then.

Anyway, if anyone knows where I can find a replacement knob for the reverb and/or a copy of the editing software, I would appreciate it.

Anyone have one?

FP
pvannatto

Re: Behringer V-AMP 2

Post by pvannatto »

Are you looking for just the knob or the knob and pot? If it is just the knob, there is a good chance it can be 3D printed. A few details about the shaft (diameter, type - D or knurled, etc.) and I could either print one off or provide you with the print files that you could get it printed locally.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
Felonious Punk

Post by Felonious Punk »

Thanks for the quick reply, Paul!

The pot is working fine. I stick a little screwdriver in there to adjust parameters :).

I was really surprised there was no source for these. Many of the used ones I have come across are missing knobs. I honestly don't know if the shaft is broken off or if the knob just popped off. I am afraid to yank on the others.

Thanks for the offer. It may be more trouble than it's worth. I will only be using occasionally. I could probably rig something up with a cocktail straw and duct tape. LOL. Like we did in the 70's!

FP
Felonious Punk

Post by Felonious Punk »

I found the software here:

As for the knobs, I have learned they are integrated onto the pot. This means it is sheared off. I will rig something up.

The V-AMP 2 is way cooler than I remembered it. It will go in my mobile recording grab box as an option.

I only cared about the software because I also learned that there is a 2032 battery in the unit for saving presets. I will save my presets on my laptop. Actually more like saving settings from recording sessions for recall. There is also a high chance none of this ever happens but I am having fun anyway :)

FP
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Well as long as you are having fun @Felonious Punk , that's what matters. Sorry to hear about the knob.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
Felonious Punk

Post by Felonious Punk »

Thanks, Paul!

The knob has been rigged!

FP
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

@Felonious Punk if I could give this topic two thumbs-up I would!
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
Felonious Punk

Post by Felonious Punk »

LOL! Thanks, @MJKlein. I thought a little nostalgia was appropriate :)

I really had a ball with the V-AMP! I'll put it away for awhile and have some fun again in a year or two!

FP
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

Felonious Punk wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:31 pm LOL! Thanks, @MJKlein. I thought a little nostalgia was appropriate :)

I really had a ball with the V-AMP! I'll put it away for awhile and have some fun again in a year or two!

FP
I'm gonna have to look that one up. Never seen one here in Taiwan. And yes, nostalgia is always appropriate!
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
thunfisch

Post by thunfisch »

Wow. :) I still have my V-Amp 2 somewhere. Was a present from my dad when I was 14, and just started playing guitar a few months earlier. That thing was amazing back then, and I played the hell out of it in my room with headphones. After some years it seems like the internal battery died, and it got stuck with some parameters that almost sound like a fixed wah all the time. Removing the battery and restarting it usually fixes it. Good memories. Nowadays of course the sound really is not that great, but I like to keep it around for memories sake, same with my first own electric guitar (Yamaha Pacifica 112).

Thanks for reminding me of it!
wing+dante, xr18, midas dl16+dl32
systems engineer by day, live sound, streaming & video by night

Return to “Miscellaneous”