Time can be negative :)

Support forum for the AutoMate family of console automation specifically designed for Behringer/Midas consoles by Patrick Gilles-Maillot.

This forum is also for support with Reaper and the X-Live expansion card with respect to AutoMate.

https://x32ram.com
Forum rules
For generic X-Live support, please go to the appropriate forum here:
viewforum.php?f=47
pmaillot

Time can be negative :)

Post by pmaillot »

In recent discussion with MJ, I found out he sets all (most of) his tunes with a delay between the actual start of the project and the beginning of the audio. So do I.
But where I set the start of the project to time = 0:0:0 and the beginning of the audio at say 0:4:0 to have 4 seconds of mute time, MJ selected -0:4:0 and 0:0:0 respectively :o [Possible in REAPER under the project tab settings]
So to try to address the different approaches, I managed a series of modifications in X32ReaperAutoMate and WingReaperAutoMate (Does not apply to X32XLiveAutoMate which doesn't know about negative time) to enable taking the different situations into account. I've been testing on an X32, will test on WING at the end of the month and MJ is also testing on his side.
Let me know if any of you licensed users would like to test too, before this makes it to an official release.
-Patrick

Return to “AutoMate Support”