Recording on a WING?

Behringer WING Consoles
TBAUDIODIRECTOR

Re: Recording on a WING?

Post by TBAUDIODIRECTOR »

angr77 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:16 pm
TBAUDIODIRECTOR wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:55 am could i record from my laptop using logic and use that recording to do virtual sound check??
Yes, you can! The wing can send/receive up to 48 channels over usb. So it is just to connect the Mac/Logic over USB…and start to record and afterwards play back the channels to the wing. (Alternate the inputs to USB in this case on the Wing)

Best regards

Anders / Z-LiveRec.com
beautiful, thank you!!!
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

I wasn’t sure if I should start a new post or just add this to the one I started last year.

Well this year I figured I would try to record that same band again. The show was last night outdoors. FOH was under a popup tent with shading to cut down the sunlight. I was using a new USB flash drive that is a version 2.0 and it is 32GB. And I quick format to it the day before. The access light on the WING next to the USB port on the surface kept on blinking. It was hard to see that the USB icon on the screen was red and had a caution symbol (triangle) on it. I only saw that when I set the mixer up temporarily this morning in the shop to try and figure out why this wouldn’t work last night. I have 2 of these PNY Flash drive and they both wouldn’t work. I had a Sandisk USB that I carry around with me all the time and it has a lot of data on it. I tried that and that seemed to work just fine. I did a complete format of one of the PNY USB devices this afternoon and will try that one at the next show I do and see if it works. Luckily we brought a Compact Flash recorder with us and were able to record on that.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

KMaxwell wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:10 pm I was using a new USB flash drive that is a version 2.0 and it is 32GB
What I've learned is that even though the X32/M32 requires a USB 2.0, the Wing requires USB 3.0 or 3.1 to be reliable.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

pvannatto wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:48 pm
KMaxwell wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:10 pm I was using a new USB flash drive that is a version 2.0 and it is 32GB
What I've learned is that even though the X32/M32 requires a USB 2.0, the Wing requires USB 3.0 or 3.1 to be reliable.
How would those be formatted?
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

KMaxwell wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:56 pm How would those be formatted?
FAT32. The ones I get (64Gb) are preformatted FAT32.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator

Return to “WING Consoles”