DAW & X32 mixing

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
xMK2_13

DAW & X32 mixing

Post by xMK2_13 »

Hello,

how do you control a daw volumes with X32 faders ? need routing ? how ?
pmaillot

Re: DAW & X32 mixing

Post by pmaillot »

The standard option is to use the X32 in DAW mode. This uses MIDI and the bank of 8 faders of the DCA section.
Other option consists in using X32Reaper (an external app) that as its name suggests requires REAPER as DAW. You can then use the 32 channels strips of the X32, and much more.
Best: you can use X32ReaperAutoMate, again for REAPER, and do your mix using the X32 surface and its audio engine. Your DAW acts as a tape recorder (still with lots of added features of course).
-Patrick
xMK2_13

Post by xMK2_13 »

pmaillot wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:35 am The standard option is to use the X32 in DAW mode. This uses MIDI and the bank of 8 faders of the DCA section.
Other option consists in using X32Reaper (an external app) that as its name suggests requires REAPER as DAW. You can then use the 32 channels strips of the X32, and much more.
Best: you can use X32ReaperAutoMate, again for REAPER, and do your mix using the X32 surface and its audio engine. Your DAW acts as a tape recorder (still with lots of added features of course).
-Patrick
interesting but switched to Bitwig Studio DAW, everything is possible in this DAW... almost the infinites... (there a controller editor / scripts etc..)

when i will got X32 i'll give a look. (must sell a seqencer/beatbox first..)

If anyone got BWS + X32.. youre welcome too :)
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

Buying an X32 to control a DAW wouldn't be the best use of resources, IMO. An X-Touch would do as well since you can only work with 8 channels at a time anyway.

Reaper is arguably the most versatile DAW there is, and because it can use OSC, the real advantage of an X32 with Reaper is that you can mix on the console with full automation on the console. Please see my previous posts to another user asking questions about the X32 in the studio.
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
xMK2_13

Post by xMK2_13 »

i not have intention to mix on X32 really, just i asked.

i need X32 mainly for soundcard with 32 INs, also to why not gate noise. But will use Bitwig for mixing, creating, sequencing etc...
MJKlein
Site Admin

Re: DAW & X32 NOT mixing

Post by MJKlein »

OK, I changed the title of my reply. You can use the X32 for that, sure.
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
streamfuchs

Post by streamfuchs »

MJKlein wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:32 am Buying an X32 to control a DAW wouldn't be the best use of resources, IMO. An X-Touch would do as well since you can only work with 8 channels at a time anyway.

Reaper is arguably the most versatile DAW there is, and because it can use OSC, the real advantage of an X32 with Reaper is that you can mix on the console with full automation on the console. Please see my previous posts to another user asking questions about the X32 in the studio.
Hi everyone,

using a x32 compact for many years now I am very satisfied with the console.
But the capability of the x32 compact as a DAW controller is very limited as mentioned before.

For that reason Patrick was so kind to develop X 32 punch control some years ago to overcome some limitations.
(Best regards to Patrick!)

But now a think about buying a DAW-controller and perhaps the X32 touch could be a solution.

My question: Has anyone made experiences with the X32 touch and magix samplitude or magix sequoia?

Best regards
Thomas
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

Hello Thomas,

Good to see you here :)

-Patrick

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”