Flow 8 as soundcard for tablet/phone Android/iOS

The new Flow8 digital console
fmanz

Flow 8 as soundcard for tablet/phone Android/iOS

Post by fmanz »

Hi!
I'm writing to ask you, before buying, if the Flow 8 has sound card capability (multi channels??) , in order tu use it with iOs sw like Cubasis available even in Android version for example or iK multimedia guitar sw.
I need a small solution like Flow 8! I like it! but I don't understand if is it possibile tu use it as a complite mobile device.
Can you help me?
thanks!!
Fra (IT)
NZdave

Re: Flow 8 as soundcard for tablet/phone Android/iOS

Post by NZdave »

@fmanz Greeting. Well that's up to you to decide if you want to buy the Flow 8
I use the Flow 8 in live sound and as a sound card from my laptops.
I play everything through it
I have NOT tried 96k sample rate though
However I do know my cell phone plays Mp3 Mp4 Wave files directly out of the USB C into the Flow 8 without any issues.
I have a friend who uses The Flow 8 and Cake walk and windows touch screen with multi tracking.
And I know I have used a macbookpro with it no issues.
The flow 8 is what it is at that price.
And I have tried it using a powerbank and seems to work ok although have not tried that live.
I'm assuming that Behringer have intended for use from a powerbank by using that fone connection.

Cheers
Hope this helps.
Regards NZdave
RexBeckett

Re: Flow 8 as soundcard for tablet/phone Android/iOS

Post by RexBeckett »

fmanz wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:03 am Hi!
I'm writing to ask you, before buying, if the Flow 8 has sound card capability (multi channels??) , in order tu use it with iOs sw like Cubasis available even in Android version for example or iK multimedia guitar sw.
I need a small solution like Flow 8! I like it! but I don't understand if is it possibile tu use it as a complite mobile device.
Can you help me?
thanks!!
Fra (IT)
Hi @fmanz , I can record and play (simultaneously) over USB from/to Flow 8 on an Android 'phone using the Audio Evolution Mobile app (V5.0.8.7) with the optional eXtream USB driver (in-app purchase). The optional driver overcomes some problems with Android's default USB Audio support e.g. better latency.

If it works on Android, then I think it would probably work on iOS - which usually provides better support for audio.

Return to “Flow8”