Been using the WING for Concerts lately.

Behringer WING Consoles
KMaxwell

Been using the WING for Concerts lately.

Post by KMaxwell »

Last night we did another outdoor concert at the same place we have been doing them this summer season. One more (last one) to go next week.

It was not a hot day but it got very sticky out, I don’t know any other way to describe it. As I was setting up the user layers on the WING for this show I was having trouble dragging the channels to where I wanted them. My finger wouldn’t slide smoothly due to the sticky air. I didn’t realize that I didn’t have to drag the channels I could just click on the channel and click on the position I wanted it to be in. So it all worked just fine luckily I didn’t have to do a lot of dragging on the screen.

I think in all the years we have been doing show at this location this is only the second time where the weather felt like this.

The band was happy. After the show the lead singer/ leader of the band was thanking us how good the sound was. He wandered all over in the crowd for the first number and out a little bit off stage for another 2 numbers. For one number the lead singer played the drums and the drummer walked out into the crowd. After the show he said the drums sounded great in the house, really powerful. And keep in mind that I am not one to have crushing sub-woofer settings on the system. And the lead wasn’t as loud of a drummer so I had to push him (the Drum DCA) a little to get him up to the level of the regular drummer. The Sax player walked the house on a number he wasn’t playing on and he said it was the best sound that they had so far this year. And he said they played at Daryl’s House this year.

At first when we were checking things on stage I was worried that they were going to be too loud for this crowd. During sound check I muted all of the drum mics and the level of the drums at FOH barely changed. But everything work out OK.
Grecoaudio

Re: Been using the WING for Concerts lately.

Post by Grecoaudio »

Kevin,
Ditto on using the Wing on outdoor shows. I have been loving actually mixing live as opposed to sitting in my basement and mixing prerecorded tracks. Got my last show on Fri. Only hiccup is a scribble strip went away but I am hoping that re-seating the connector/ribbon solves the problem.
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

Your just a little bit north west of me in CT.
Grecoaudio

Post by Grecoaudio »

We should grab a beer
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

Getting together some time would be good.

I am currently doing a musical. with the WING.
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@KMaxwell @Grecoaudio WHAT? 3 Ct Wing/M32/X32 users in this tiny state probably within 70 miles or so max....we should have a party :-)
Grecoaudio

Post by Grecoaudio »

Sounds like a plan , we need to pick a spot that's near all of us. I am in yonkers.

Return to “WING Consoles”