OFFSET/CLIP leds (clipped signal)

The new Flow8 digital console
FxAudio

OFFSET/CLIP leds (clipped signal)

Post by FxAudio »

Hi!
Have you ever spotted CLIP leds working or my Flow 8 is faulty?
They show offset but even when the meter CLIP leds glow red all the time (when setting the gain for the specific channell) there is no sign of overload by the means od OFFSET/CLIP led...
NZdave

Re: OFFSET/CLIP leds (clipped signal)

Post by NZdave »

Greetings. Never seen clip lights yet?
I have and use 3 of the Flow 8 both for computer interface and live PA and have never seen any clips lights yet.
Maybe restore the mixer via the reset?
Regards
Dave
FxAudio

Post by FxAudio »

Thank you, Dave!
I have reseted and installed the newest firmware as well.
It seems that this is a feature which every tester/reviewer mentions in a text (dual function of those leds) but no one checks if this is working! :-)
Could someone check this for me? I mean simply overload any of the inputs setting a very high gain and see if the OFFSET/CLIP led shows clipped signal?
I presume that this a feature we will see in the next firmware updates or Behringer realized that this was a bad idea an they will change labels of those leds and the user manual...
NZdave

Post by NZdave »

Greetings.
Ive plugged passive mic into channel 1 .
Turned everything... everything up to 11 [and dissabled all limiters / compression etc and I can only get the Master Strip LEDs to clip!
I also tried manually pushing fader up and also by using the app..
I never noticed that actual clip word under the LED offset word above the Channel LED.
And now I have just tried channel 4 mic input as well.
And now tried a high output instrument into channel 8.No Clip light within that offset/clip LED !?
I can only get the actual MASTER strip LED and the Master circle strip LED to clip.
Hope this helps?
mmm?
I'm using fimware version 11742
and app version 1.4
Conclusion: I Can not get any of the Offset/Clip LEDs to come on by overloading a channel strip !?
So now I want to know why I can not get the clip light on the channel strip to go on?

Cheers
NZdave
tritius

Post by tritius »

Hi,
I've noticed same behavior: the OFFSET/CLIP LEDs are getting on just only in the case there is an offset between the physical position of the fader and the position showed into the app.
I've also tried to overload any of the inputs with same result: no CLIP indication at all.
Firmware Version: V11749 (dec 10 2021)
App Version: V1.5 (dec 26 2021)

Hope this helps.
Luca / Italy

Return to “Flow8”