Monitoring with DN9630

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
streamfuchs

Monitoring with DN9630

Post by streamfuchs »

Hi everybody,

After some days of thinking about it, I decided to buy a DN 9630. Unfortunatley it is not availabe here in Germany at the moment, so I have to be a little bit patient.
Preparing for my idea, doing recordings without my console from time to time with a DN 9630 and one or two S16 (doing the HA and phantom power directly at the S16), I am looking for a solution for monitoring the recording during production.
Because there will be no console,my idea is, to do a rough mix within my DAW during recording and monitor my DAW.
For monitoring I have got a USB DA-device (IFI ZEN DAC V2)

And here I have got a problems. My DAW only allows me to use one ASIO driver at a time for REC and PB and I want to keep my DAW.
So when working with my console I use the XUF_USB_Drv_V6_13_0. I asume, when using the DN 9630 there will be a similar ASIO driver.

Now I am looking for a solution to "connect" my Behringer ASIO-driver to the USB driver for my monitoring.
Again: I can only define one driver within my DAW, same for REC and PB.

What I found out is that e.g. I can use VMIX (not very elegant) to define an audio input (audio coming from my console via card out) and route it to my monitoring device.
But when using an DN9630 I cannot route the mix of my DAW back into the ASIO driver via card out.
All software based solutions I found seems to offer only a solution for "bridging" output and input of software apps.

Perhaps the solution is easy and I only do not see it.

The solution with e.g. VMIX, mentioned above could perhaps work, when I loop back two outputs of a S16 back into two inputs (by cable within the S16).

But of course this will cost me two inputs of my S16.
I realized today that in Reaper as well you can only use one ASIO driver at a time.

Is there any idea or are there experiences how to realize monitoring when using a DN9630?

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”