Wing: W-Live Automation

Support forum for the AutoMate family of console automation specifically designed for Behringer/Midas consoles by Patrick Gilles-Maillot.

This forum is also for support with Reaper and the X-Live expansion card with respect to AutoMate.

https://x32ram.com
Forum rules
For generic X-Live support, please go to the appropriate forum here:
viewforum.php?f=47
pmaillot

Wing: W-Live Automation

Post by pmaillot »

Here is a first video of WingWLiveAutoMate... very early tests but quite promising :)

Send feedback!
-Patrick
GaryH

Re: Wing: W-Live Automation

Post by GaryH »

Very cool Patrick! Nice feature to replicate a mix. My old DDX32 used to be able to do this and I always missed it on the X32. Great work as always!
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

I thought my wife came home early from work and was using the microwave, then realised that the sounds were part of the video :)
Great work Patrick.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

Yeah!
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
curtbl

Post by curtbl »

Very nice...... Look forward to playing around with it.... Could be very nice for recording and rehearsing live gigs!
Curt
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

GaryH wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:22 pm Very cool Patrick! Nice feature to replicate a mix. My old DDX32 used to be able to do this and I always missed it on the X32. Great work as always!
It exists too for X32 (X32XLiveAutoMate) :)
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

curtbl wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:15 pm Very nice...... Look forward to playing around with it.... Could be very nice for recording and rehearsing live gigs!
Curt
Exactly, or rehearsals too.
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

pmaillot wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:46 am
GaryH wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:22 pm Very cool Patrick! Nice feature to replicate a mix. My old DDX32 used to be able to do this and I always missed it on the X32. Great work as always!
It exists too for X32 (X32XLiveAutoMate) :)
And I was an early adopter!
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Hi Patrick, hope you are well. A Quick Question. As you showed in your video that you can do additive changes on subsequent play throughs (like you did with the mutes), what would happen if during a fader move you decided you didn't want that move to happen and slid the fader a different level -- would the desk (like the x/32) throw a fit and still try to move the fader, or does the wing have the missing "touch" ability (that the Xtouch faders has) that would then over write the original move and replace it with the new on?

Still waiting on my new wing being delivered :(

Many Thanks

Dave
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

Hello @DaveT

WING does not have 'touch sensitive faders'... too bad because it has touch sensitive knobs as you will find out when your mixer arrives, and these can be a little annoying at times. Anyways, even if the (some) knobs are 'touch sensitive' there is no message sent for external apps to take advantage of the feature. Don't act.
When using WingWLiveAutoMate, there are several ways to 'edit'/'erase'/'change' an already existing fader move.
-1- you grab and move that fader just before its recorded movement start and set your new move. This will replace the previously existing move sequence for the duration of the new one. The SW will give priority to your move over the recorded one, avoiding (as much as possible) fighting against the fader motors.
-2- you select/designate the channel (up to 2 simultaneous channels) with the fader moves to change and use the edit button to edit/erase that series of movements for the selected channel(s); you can record new moves at the same time, and because you only have two hands, a footswitch can be plugged in to a GPIO to engage the 'edit' function just for the time you need, while you record or not new fader moves.

On top of that, you can make use of markers and the loop facility to select precise start and stop points (precision is limited by W-Live card) to perform the edits.

Hope this helps,
-Patrick

Return to “AutoMate Support”