Wrist rest - alternative sources?

Behringer WING Consoles
DaveT

Wrist rest - alternative sources?

Post by DaveT »

Hi everyone (again). :)

Does anyone have links to suppliers of replacement/alternative wrist rests for the wing? The marketing showed customisable wrist rests for the Wing, but I have yet to find anywhere that makes/sells them. Any ideas ?

Thanks

Dave
pmaillot

Re: Wrist rest - alternative sources?

Post by pmaillot »

You can make your own. Behringer gives the tech drawings on te WING MusicTribe / Behringer site.
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

yeah I saw that Patrick but just wondered why no company has jumped on it to make them. could be a nice little earner.
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

DaveT wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:31 am yeah I saw that Patrick but just wondered why no company has jumped on it to make them. could be a nice little earner.
The reason is there is no data on the market for them. The WING is so new that no one's bolster bar should be worn out yet. I'm guessing it would take considerable time to break even on the tooling.

A bigger market would be for the X32. The front metal radius part unbolts and could be replaced by a nice bolster with a larger horizontal surface.
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Ohhh I don't know about wearing out, but for customising with different colours etc I think would be a good product. I would buy a couple if the colour or pattern choice was good looking. As Patrick said, the details for the section is fully detailed on the Behringer website.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

It would be nice to have a padded one :)
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

DaveT wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:03 pm Ohhh I don't know about wearing out, but for customising with different colours etc I think would be a good product. I would buy a couple if the colour or pattern choice was good looking. As Patrick said, the details for the section is fully detailed on the Behringer website.
I saw a couple of posts from people who added some kind of vinyl/carbon-looking sheet (same as used for car detailing, so plenty of options). Looks OK, just a matter of taste. I like wood.
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

pvannatto wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:20 pm It would be nice to have a padded one :)
totally mate. on my x32 I have a strip of anti slip mat to relieve any wrist fatigue against the metal at the bottom of the mixer, plus it helps protect the wrist from the edges of the flight case.
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

I did something like that very early as the finish was getting discolored from my arm resting on it.

湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

IMG_8080.jpg
My anti slip wrist rest also doubles up as a very useful tool :) stops my keyboard and trackpad from sliding off lol

Return to “WING Consoles”