S32 and DL32 stage box question

KMaxwell

S32 and DL32 stage box question

Post by KMaxwell »

S32 and DL32 stage box question.

I have searched for a long time to try and find the answers. What are the firmware versions that have been out for these stage boxes? I am trying to help out someone remotely that is having a problem with updating an S32 stage box. I have a DL32 stage box and used it all summer for concerts and it worked just fine. In an effort to help my friend I have looked at the DL32 while hooked up to my computer under Control Panel – Hardware and Sound – Devices and Printers – and under Unspecified, I see DL32 01.06. It seems to indicate that it is on version 01.06. I have assumed that it was on version 1.7. Did they skip right to 1.7 from 01.06? Or is it really versions 1.07 and 1.08?I hesitate to update firmware unless I really have to because this has been working so far but I haven’t yet updated the WING which I will hopefully be doing today. And that is because of the updates that I want to have in the WING.

How important is it to update the firmware in the Behringer S32 stage box and the Midas DL32 stage box? I will be doing a show in a couple of weeks where I will most likely be using a WING (at FOH) with the latest firmware and the DL32 (in the pit) and a X32Compact (in the pit) as a stage box for the WING to get all of the instrument mics into the WING. I will also be letting the video crew hook up to the X32Compact with X32edit so he can mix on bus 7&8 his instrument mix. He will then take outputs 7&8 to his Mackie mixer into one of the cameras. We did this before the apocalypse and it worked fine he knows how to behave himself. I think the X32Compact is on version 3.11. It belongs to the school I will be doing this show in and I don’t want to have to update the firmware if I don’t have to.
pvannatto

Re: S32 and DL32 stage box question

Post by pvannatto »

Hey @KMaxwell , I think what you are seeing in the computer's Control Panel is the USB drivers version, not the firmware version.

Regarding upgrading the firmware, I'm a believer to have all my gear updated to the latest public released firmware (if I'm not using a beta version that is). The X32 Compact on 3.11 should be fine if it is only being used as a stagebox and a broadcast feed.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

Thank you. Do you know if there is anywhere on a PC that you can see what version the firmware is on the DL32 with it hooked up with the USB cable? I can’t find the DL32 in device manager at all.

My friends problem with his S32 turned out that he had the clock set to AES50 instead of internal and he switched it to internal and all is working now.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

No I don't think there is a way to determine the current firmware version on the DL32 or S32. If you're not sure, it would probably be best to upgrade anyways, just to be sure.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

I updated the DL32 firmware to 1.8 and under Control Panel – Hardware and Sound – Devices and Printers – and under Unspecified, it now says DL32 01.08 now I need to hook it up to the WING and see if it all works.

Return to “Stageboxes”