Scribble strip replacement

Behringer WING Consoles
Grecoaudio

Scribble strip replacement

Post by Grecoaudio »

Has anyone opened up their mixer to gain access to the control surface as I have taken out every possible screw that I thought might do the trick and still unable to get inside. I'm not looking to get into where the connector area on the back is, I'm looking to get into where the scribble strips live.
Help....
GaryH

Re: Scribble strip replacement

Post by GaryH »

@Grecoaudio This fellow did a scribble strip repair, besides this video he also did another involved tear down too

KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

I think @Grecoaudio is trying to get into the WING @GaryH haven't you had a WING apart when you were dealing with the internal Dante card?
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

Access to Dante internal card doesn't necessitate a full breakdown of the WING, especially for accessing to control surface elements (faders, scribblestrips etc.). I don't think anyone has (yet) done or published anything about this.

Probably just more screws to take out, and more cables / flat ribbons to take apart. But as they say... "if it's been assembled, it can be disassembled".

Wing scribbles strips are different than the X32 ones, their underneath LCD cover 4 strips.

-Patrick
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@KMaxwell You may be right! However he also had/has a post somewhere here regarding the X32 scribble strip...and since he didn't say....oh well. Rereading his post it is probably a Wing. I have had the Wing apart several times but (like@pmaillot ) not the part where the scribble strips live. There are 2 distinct areas where certain things get done...I was in the other one, where the internal card slots are. I would do it if I had any issues in that section...but since (knock wood) I don't, I'll let him be the information vendor in this regard
Last edited by GaryH on Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

To be honest, before I opened up an X32 for scribble replacement, I would check to make sure that it wasn't just turned off (set to black color). When I first got my X32 I was fooled by that. I fired it up and one channel's was completely black. Turns out that by poking around I had inadvertently set it to dark. These days, I always use dark blue for "off" and I never completely black out a scribble. It's a simple check: Select + Utility brings you right to that page.
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
Grecoaudio

Post by Grecoaudio »

Well finally got into the innards of the wing and all I can say is that there's more screws than anyone should be legally allowed to remove. Yes u do need to remove the sandwich warmer section to gain access to the control panel and guess what, you need to remove even more screws to get to the scribble strip. Anyway the repair is done and I've officially disassembled and reassembled my Frankenwing. I'm no longer sheepish to take on any wing repair so bring em on.
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

Did you install a replacement part or was there some other way that you fixed this?
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

Grecoaudio wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:55 am Well finally got into the innards of the wing and all I can say is that there's more screws than anyone should be legally allowed to remove. Yes u do need to remove the sandwich warmer section to gain access to the control panel and guess what, you need to remove even more screws to get to the scribble strip. Anyway the repair is done and I've officially disassembled and reassembled my Frankenwing. I'm no longer sheepish to take on any wing repair so bring em on.
I hope you took the time to take pictures and you will post them here. This could be useful one day.
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@Grecoaudio I'm with @pmaillot I would love to see a detailed breakdown, or step by step written explanation of this. Could be very helpful at some point not to mention an interesting read/watch today.

Return to “WING Consoles”