Flow8 - max. input count & sound quality

The new Flow8 digital console
thomas

Flow8 - max. input count & sound quality

Post by thomas »

Hi all, many thanks for this forum.

I am using X32 Rack for many years. Now I am looking for small mixer for live acoustic gigs.

1. What is max count of inputs for Flow8? Can stereo channels be splitted to mono with independent volume and processing?

2. What about quality of preamps compared to X32?

Thanks for your inputs.
DaveT

Re: Flow8 - max. input count & sound quality

Post by DaveT »

1. What is max count of inputs for Flow8? -- total channel count of 10 including the bluetooth channels. Can stereo channels be splitted to mono with independent volume and processing? -- no. the stereo channels are bound by one fader. it has been requested to add the option of splitting these in a future firmware.

2. What about quality of preamps compared to X32? Not much notable difference in my studio. I haven't used it live yet as im still waiting on the fix for pre and post fader sends to make it worthwhile using live
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

@thomas , another good down-size option of the X32 Rack is the XR18. If you use Mixing Station as your tablet app, the X-Air interface is almost identical to the X32. And the X-Air Edit for both consoles are very similar.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
thomas

Post by thomas »

Thanks for responses. I like Flow8 because of its compact size and versatility. I would use it as inferface for playing tracks from PC mainly, but I would also replace my small old analog mixer for small gigs. Faders are must for simplicity of use for musicians. 8 independent channels would be great, 6 (as I see stereo as one channel for live use) is quite limiting.

Return to “Flow8”