DP48 firmware Historical

DP48, Hub4 mixing eco-system
GaryH

DP48 firmware Historical

Post by GaryH »

DP48 firmware historical

Version 1.2 - (16 December 2019)
The DP48 Firmware Update 1.2 features performance enhancements to the personal monitoring mixer’s operating system. Firmware 1.2 adds:
* Remote configuration of DP48 Groups and channel assignments, including Level and Pan settings, directly from Midas M32* series mixing console GUI 

* Automatic adjustable ducking of ambience microphones during the performance, depending on signals coming in over AES50 

* 12 new external preset storage slots on SD card 

* Stand-alone mode can now be used with AES50 stage-boxes such as DL32 or DL16 

* M32* console time is now received over AES50. This allows timestamped SD recording files 

* Mix A/B Limiter activity is now displayed on the meter overview screen 

* My Group controls the playback level, while a track is selected for playback on the SD Recorder 

* Upstream of local AUX-Input and built in Microphones to AES50-Stream for sharing click or backing tracks and communication to the Engineer 

* Close boot screen by pressing MIX A or MIX B * Requires mixer fw 4.01 or higher

MIDAS DP48 Firmware Update Version 1.3 ( May 2020)

New Features 1.3

• 2 separate stereo reverb processors for separation between Mix A and B

• Stereo mode for assigning and editing two channels of a Group at the same time (long press)

• Reverb sends are now post-fader separately for Mix A/B

• New idle screen with Group names and pre-fader metering overview

• Quick Group renaming by selecting from a list of common names (long press on idle screen)

• MIX A/MIX B ‘Meter Screen’ same as idle screen but showing A/B post-fader levels

• Talkback function using the internal microphones in conjunction with HUB4

• Talkback signal will be exchanged between all DP48 mixers and M32 consoles via CH48

• Automatic configuration if Talkback is active:

o Add CH48 to assignment of Group 12

o Rename Group 12 to ‘Talkback’

o Activate ‘MIC +20dB’ in Setup

• Configure Talkback in Setup, press and hold MIC button to speak

Improvements

• FX return default value set to -10 dB

• ID and enumeration bugs in remote operation fixed

• Master units update local preset copy when a X32 broadcast message is received

• Remote function: group names are sent to remote unit

• Group PAN had no effect when the group was assigned to a MIX as MY-Group

• Work on local preset when the remote ID is master

• Better AES50 error management and faster recovery

• DP48 on HUB4 master port for remote control

• Missing X32 messages improved

MIDAS DP48 Firmware Update Version 1.4 (2020-06-17)
Welcome
New Features 1.4
* Regular group solo function replaces automatic group solo in edit mode (to enable use long press on GROUP button) 

* Automatic 10 dB assignment-solo dim Improvements 

* Daisy-Chain upstream bug fixed (introduced with FW1.3) 

* Stereo-Assignment when resetting device fixed (introduced with FW1.3) 

MIDAS DP48 Firmware Update Version 1.5 (2020-07-15)
Welcome

New Features 1.5
• Sending control and name commands through stage boxes Improvements
• SD-Card recording bug fixed (introduced with FW1.4)

MIDAS DP48 Firmware Update Version 1.6 (2020-10-12)
Welcome
New Features 1.6
* Volume control changed to smoother linear operation. 

* Full compatibility to new DP48 Console-Remote including stereo link control. 
(introduced with X32/M32 Firmware 4.03) 
Improvements 

* Bugfix for multiple DP48 in a chain all indicated as Master-Devices. 

* Pan law gain changed from 6dB to 3dB for improved stereo imaging. 

* The purple frame for slave devices is now only visual when active remote control is taking place. 

* Bugfix for post fader reverb send in conjunction with MY GROUP control.

MIDAS DP48 Firmware Update Version 1.7 (Oct 2020)

Midas DP48 Firmware UpdateVersion 1.7  

This update introduces a wealth of new features that help simplifying setup, improve overview and provide new means of communication for all live performance and studio production applications, where musicians are in control of their own monitor mix.Midas is constantly adding new features and making enhancements to this extremely stable ecosystem of digital mixers, I/O boxes and personal monitoring mixers. This means you always experience the best possible performance. Visit midasconsoles.com and check for updates of your products regularly. Download the latest firmware for DP48 and HUB4, and make sure the latest versions will be installed to both.

New Features 1.7

• Mirror Mix A on Mix B output in singlemode.

Improvements
• Fix for saving master parameters if powering off while remote controlling.
• Fix for stereo link assignment and indication on booth channels in a pair, while working remotely.
• Fix for passing on wrong AES50 information of connected devices in a chain.
• Fix for pre fader reverb send when using MY GROUP in singlemode.
• Refresh assign page after being remote controlled by master.

Midas DP48 Firmware Update
Version 1.8 - (23 November 2020)
Welcome
Congratulations on purchasing this innovative personal monitoring system. This update introduces a quickfix for an crossdependent issue with the post-fader reverb send when using MYGROUP in single mode.
Midas is constantly adding new features and making enhancements to this extremely stable ecosystem of digital mixers, I/O boxes and personal monitoring mixers. This means you always experience the best possible performance. Download and install the latest firmware for DP48 and HUB4 to make use of the latest Features and Improvements.
Improvements
• Fix for crossover MIX A-B/ MIX B-A pre-fader FX send issue in single mode

Version 1.9 - (4 December 2020)
Welcome
Congratulations on purchasing this innovative personal monitoring system. This update is fixing and improving the loading of presets.
Midas is constantly adding new features and making enhancements to this extremely stable ecosystem of digital mixers, I/O boxes and personal monitoring mixers. This means you always experience the best possible performance. Download and install the latest firmware for DP48 and HUB4 to make use of the latest features and improvements.
Bugfixes
• Fix for preset loading issues
Improvements
• Improved preset loading with active Remote-

Version 2.0 - (5 February 2021)
Welcome
Congratulations on purchasing this innovative personal monitoring system. This update is fixing issues related to the PAN and EQ when using dual MY GROUP in single mode.
Midas is constantly adding new features and making enhancements to this extremely stable ecosystem of digital mixers, I/O boxes and personal monitoring mixers. This means you always experience the best possible performance. Download and install the latest firmware for DP48 and HUB4 to make use of the latest features and improvements.
Bugfixes
• Fix for PAN and EQ issues when using dual MY GROUP in single mode

Version 2.2 - (15 April 2021)
Welcome
Congratulations on purchasing this innovative personal monitoring system. This update is introducing security mechanisms to prevent interference with the Talkback if daisychaining multiple devices and reducing noises and pops when reinitializing AES50 connection.
Bugfixes
* Fix for Talkback causing issues with daisy chained devices 

* Security mechanism to reduce noises and pops when reconnecting AES50 
Firmware Update Process
1. Download the update file from midasconsoles.com and extract the archive 

2. Copy the dp48m_xx.upd file onto an SD card, into the following path inside SD-root \DP48M 

3. Make sure the DP48 is turned off 

4. Insert the SD card into the SD card slot on the rear panel of your DP48 

5. Hold the SETUP button while turning the DP48 on 

6. Wait until the update procedure is completed and the DP48 has booted again 

7. Do not turn off the device and do not remove the SD card before the update has finished 

8. The device will boot automatically and briefly indicate the new firmware version 

* Note: SD Card must be FAT or FAT32 formatted for use in DP48
Visit midasconsoles.com and check for updates of your products regularly. 

Return to “DP48 Mixers”