Main output stops

The new Flow8 digital console
TiredAndSleepy

Main output stops

Post by TiredAndSleepy »

Occasionally the main output cuts off. I can see the inputs are still working because the meter is still moving, but there's no audio to the PA. It's not anywhere near clipping. I updated the firmware on the 24th.
Has anyone else had this issue?
euhamann

Re: Main output stops

Post by euhamann »

Hello friends,
Unfortunately I have the same problem since the last firmware update. If the sum of the gain level and the fader level exceeds a critical value, no signal will arrive at the PA for about 1 second. Although I'm still a long way from clipping and the channel level is also displayed.
I've also tried various power supplies, unfortunately no change. So I can no longer use the device properly.
Anyone know help?
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@euhamann @TiredAndSleepy I don’t own a flow 8 but if like other mixers I do own, you could reload the old firmware until they come out with a fix. At least you have what you once had to use. Hope they are aware, I would bet they are.
Loksa

Post by Loksa »

I have the same problem with my Flow…
Its cutting some micro secound sometimes, and I dont know why?
Do you found a solution?
Intresting whats writing about inputgain and output….
NZdave

Post by NZdave »

@euhamann and @Loksa And are you using the Correct Supplied Power Supply [that comes with the mixer] and the audio still stops?
I know there were initially reports of this however it was tracked down to incorrect power supply?
Yoren

Post by Yoren »

Had the same issue - changed the cable and power block and now it's fine.
Peter Z

Post by Peter Z »

That happens here when I running the Flow 8 from a powerbank. The problem disappears when I dial back the headphone out. In a live situation I don’t need any phones, so I’m fine with that. A more powerful battery would solve the issue as well.

Return to “Flow8”