How to send Windows audio (browser) to X32?

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
FlavioB

Re: How to send Windows audio (browser) to X32?

Post by FlavioB »

... I don't have my Browser listed as a source for Behringer OUT 1-2:

thegeorgedougherty

Post by thegeorgedougherty »

I run my DAW master out to 3/4 and let Windows use 1/2. If the daw isn't open it shouldn't be colliding. Check advanced sound options and make sure the playback of programs is set to use the default device.
FlavioB

Post by FlavioB »

thegeorgedougherty wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:22 pm I run my DAW master out to 3/4 and let Windows use 1/2. If the daw isn't open it shouldn't be colliding. Check advanced sound options and make sure the playback of programs is set to use the default device.
If I understand you right, I should be able to get the sound from my Windows apps into the X32 even without changing the DAW master output - right?
Anyway: no DAW running, Output device set to "IN 1-2 (BEHRINGER X-USB). Under advanced options there's no app listed! Maybe the problem is there?
I'd really love to have somebody looking over this with me, eventually in a remote Zoom session or similar. If someone would've time, just PM me and we set up a meeting.
Thanks!
FlavioB

Post by FlavioB »

Hi all.
I'm still not getting Windows system audio to run through my X32, therefore I decided to check with my MacBook. You guess it: I just had to download and run "X32 Edit" and I was able to hear both DAW and system audio (Youtube, and so on) through my X32!

I'm starting to think to migrate from Windows to Mac OS (I migrated the other way around several years ago)... :-(
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

@FlavioB, another option is to navigate to linux. That is what I did when Micro$oft decided to abandon the Win7 users and forcing them to use the dreaded Win10. And I'm so glad I did. Like the Mac, you don't need audio drivers. It is all built-in. Granted the Mac are great computers, but are very expensive. I've gotten tired of making a few people extremely rich at my expense and that is another reason why I went to linux (Mint). Also if you are concerned that there won't be apps available for linux, all but one app (an abandoned Autodesk 3D CAD called 123D) have equivalent apps and work just fine. And for that CAD, I took the time to learn OpenScad and glad I did.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
FlavioB

Post by FlavioB »

@pvannatto I am aware of Linux, I've started using it 25 years ago and also managed it for some companies in different flavors and functions. But on Linux there's no Ableton Live running - would you agree? Because that's my DAW and I don't want to move away from that.
:-(
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

@FlavioB, I'm using both Reaper and Harrison M32C as my DAWs, and both work great in linux. But evidently Ableton Live 11 does work in linux (at least with Ubuntu). Have a look at this this video.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
FlavioB

Post by FlavioB »

@pvannatto mmm... OK, I see they run Ableton Live with wine - but there's still some work to be done to have the VSTs running and stuff like this. Anyway: is Linux Mint the recommended distribution if you want to do Audio?
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

@FlavioB, Ubuntu studio is more tuned for heavy audio processing and I recently installed it on to a spare SSD. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of Ubuntu interface and far prefer Mint (at least at this point).

For VST's, Harrison M32C has no problems using VST's directly, as well as LV2 and LXVST. Reaper on the other hand doesn't like VST in linux. But I have made a VST to LIN converter than makes .so files from the VST .dll files. Some VSTs convert and work fine, but not all. What I'm finding is that many of the plugin developers are now supporting the linux type plugins (LV2, LXVST, etc.) as well. So there is no need to convert.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”