Behringer X32 Stereo Live feed

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
slh792

Behringer X32 Stereo Live feed

Post by slh792 »

How would I setup multiple instruments to create a stereo mix for a live feed? I would like to put one guitar left and one guitar right. Maybe keyboard left and bass right and drums middle.
pvannatto

Re: Behringer X32 Stereo Live feed

Post by pvannatto »

Hi @slh792 , welcome to the forum. Do we assume you are using a mixbus stereo linked pair for the live feed? If so, select the first guitar channel, then go to its Sends screen. Look for the live feed mixbus pair and adjust the pan to the left. Repeat for the second guitar channel (pan to the right). Continue for other desired channels.

If you want to make this process easier, use a tablet (android or iPad) with Mixing Station for X32. On the first screen (connection screen) select the live feed mixbus (left or right) then connect. The pans will be these sends pans.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
slh792

Post by slh792 »

We have two channels linked together Panned Left & Right. I selected one guitar channel right and the keyboard left. But when it went online it was still center. I must have missed something. I'm new at trying to setup stereo. Is there something I should be checking to make sure our signal is going out in stereo?
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@slh792 Sounds like you linked the input ch's not buses. You need to link 2 buses then send the individual ch's to the linked bus pair. You can then pan those ch's anywhere left or right to that bus pair. Output the bus pair as your live stereo feed. If I misunderstood, sorry. my 2 cents...
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

@slh792 , yes as @GaryH mentioned, you want to stereo link the 2 buses. Then on each of the channel's sends screen you would pan those sends to that stereo linked bus pair.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
slh792

Post by slh792 »

On the live feed we have two channels linked panned R&L. We have two channels linked for our CD player panned R&L. The CD still plays in mono on the live feed. What else should we be checking to ensure we are getting our live feed in stereo?
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

Make sure the buses that the live feed sources are sent to, are properly panned. Then, make sure that nothing down the line is summing them into mono.

But you haven't actually said that you are using buses for the live feed. Would you please verify that for us?
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
slh792

Post by slh792 »

I'm sorry our church is new to this mixer and we are still in a learning curve. We are successful with the live stream we just can't figure how to get it in stereo. Yes, we are using busses 11 & 12 panned L & R to feed the live stream. We have the CD player panned L & R on channels 17 & 18. We figure if we can get the CD player to go in stereo then we should be able to start setting up instruments to pan L & R. I'm not sure what in the line could be causing the board to stay in mono. Anything we should look for? Do we have to do anything extra in the setup and config internally?
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

You have to send each cd ch (17/18) to the linked live feed bus pair, so 17 gets sent to linked bus pair 11/12 and paned Left and 18 gets sent to the linked bus pair panned right. There is a thin pan slider line below the linked buses for ch stereo placement.See pics below....{my ch 17/18 sent to my linked bus pair 11/12) You maybe want to un link 17/18 and center their actual ch pan before sending, or at least try that first.

MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

How are you getting the signal out of the console and into the streaming software?
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”