P16 controls

P16 personal mixing eco-system
G-Rad

P16 controls

Post by G-Rad »

I have a thoughtful question. There's obviously no way to remote control the P16, that I'm aware of, even thougo it won't be necessary, but I was curious since I'm blind and would like to know if there's an easier way to identify my settings on the unit. If not, it's not the end of the world, just a random thought.
Don't be dumb, get you some!
My drum covers and Video game covers
My band, Lost in Nostalgia
GaryH

Re: P16 controls

Post by GaryH »

@G-Rad I am unsure how you negotiate any of the X32 routing BUT if by chance you have somehow ported some or all of X32-Edit and managed to remote those settings to a certain degree: The options for choosing a p16 ch number source and tap point is EXACTLY the same as for "outs 1-16" and 99.99% the same as "aux out" The only difference for the aux out routing is the second column, (after "phase") for aux out it becomes "insert" instead of "off" otherwise it too is identical. So if you have figured a way to remote any of out 1-16 or aux out menus, the same method should work for P16/ultranet except the routing column choice.

Also: With regard to any stage box like the S/DL16 and S/DL32 they have FIXED output port options and for their P16 ports, use aes50 ch's 33-48. Thinking IF you have found a way to remote control aes50 ch's then 33-48 would cover the ultranet port of the stagebox outputs.
G-Rad

Post by G-Rad »

I developed an application, with a friend of mine, that makes X32 consoles accessible for the blind using screen readers. Within this, I'm able to manipulate routing, so this works. I don't own an X32, I do own an XR18, which has P16 and simple routing which I understood that part, I was just more curious if there was a way to manipulate onboard P16 controls, but if not, it's okay, I can use the device fine, just thought I"d try and reach out more about it.
Don't be dumb, get you some!
My drum covers and Video game covers
My band, Lost in Nostalgia
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

G-Rad wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:09 pm I was just more curious if there was a way to manipulate onboard P16 controls
No there is not any way to access the actual P16 controls from the X32. The P16 personal mixer is designed to be independent from the X32 so that what the FOH tech does does not affect what the musician needs to do.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator

Return to “P16 Mixers”