MXAccess32

G-Rad

MXAccess32

Post by G-Rad »

Hello everyone! I wanted to briefly talk about my newest development, MXAccess32. This project uses AOSC, developed by my friend and takes all the functionality of the X32/M32 digital consoles and makes it screen reader friendly for the blind and visually impaired.

When I released my Air Access 18 template, I had a lot of requests to do this for the X32, but not having a console it was not easy, so I spent a couple of weeks assembling this project, since I already knew how to write out everything how it needed to be laid out.

Currently, this project works under Windows with NVDA and Narrator, and does load on Linux Wine and uncertain how it behaes there or on Apple Mac systems. I've no way of testing that. No mac support is currently available for that reason, currently.

Unfortunately, I do not own an X32 of any kind, so I am only able to implement this setup with the hopes that it works for other users. I did get to connect it to a console to test it and can confirm things are working as expected, but there are so many things I do not have added in because I have no way of testing detailed values such as meters or internal management of scenes, or USB. There's so much more I'd love to do, plus so much more I could learn from if I ever was able to own one of these consoles. Personally, I'd love to go with the X32 Producer, but right now I have absolutely no support on making this possible.

What I do have, however, is control of all 32 channels, 127 headamps, all 25 mix buses, 61 fx with labeled parameters, routing, some general configurations that may help visually impaired users, Mute and DCA groups, and more will come with time! The heart is knowing I will have digitally accessible meters as soon as I can get a console to use and test with. I feel that would be a huge improvement and a big game changer.

Check out more on the project [url-https://www.azslow.com/index.php?topic=597.0]here[/url].

I am happy to answer any questions anyone may have.
Don't be dumb, get you some!
My drum covers and Video game covers
My band, Lost in Nostalgia
G-Rad

Re: MXAccess32

Post by G-Rad »

I wanted to come on here and give everyone a quick update on MXAccess32, that has been curious or following.

To start, I have implemented meters as well as some more useful global shortcuts. This will make doing some more detailed things easier for navigating or simple commands. EG: Recording and playback routing can easily be switched manually with Alt+R. Also, with the tracker, the board will talk to you and give you braille feedback when connected to the computer via ethernet or wireless. Additionally, USB recorder is working with root directory files as of right now. Just need to figure out an easy to do way to access sub directories as well as display a name. Right now the idea is to manually enter credentials.

I hope to have v1.1 out soon. Thanks for the support and help everyone!
Don't be dumb, get you some!
My drum covers and Video game covers
My band, Lost in Nostalgia

Return to “Gerad's Apps Support”