WING P16 and Mix Bus send?

Behringer WING Consoles
KMaxwell

WING P16 and Mix Bus send?

Post by KMaxwell »

The basic question I have is on a WING can a Mix Bus that is feeding a P16 be set to be pre fader for that Mix Bus Master fader to the P16.
GaryH

Re: WING P16 and Mix Bus send?

Post by GaryH »

Pretty sure you can make a user ch for that specific aes50 ch, from aes50 33-48, whatever ch one you had designated for that p16 ch bus. The user ch's can specify a tap point. Not at my Wing to double check but I will later today.
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@KMaxwell I was able to finally look at the Wing process for this late last eve. So you can set up a user ch (or many) and have the source be a bus AND it can be pre or post. So say you select user ch 1 and then set its source to bus 1 pre. You can then select aes50a 33 (Wing P16 ch 1) for example and have its output be that user ch you set up.
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

Thank you @GaryH I will try that when I get a change to get back to that church.
thegeorgedougherty

Post by thegeorgedougherty »

If you don't need them for other purposes, which we don't at my church. I highly recommend setting User Channel 1-16 as your P16 assignments. Then set User 1-16 as AES50 33-48. That method was easiest with a single place to address P16 assignment that mapped 1 to 1 with the P16's themselves.
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

I had a chance to stop back at the church but only very quickly and I took a look at the way the WING Drum Mix Bus is sent to the P16. It looked like I had already set it as a pre-fader send. I haven’t had a change to look at it closer but I think they are just mixing the drums too soft into the Mix Bus and I think the drums DCA is controlling all of the drums. If I change the DCA to only control the Drums Mix Bus then they can use that to keep the drums at the lower Level that they need in the house. Without off line software I can’t really check this out by looking at the Snapshot without setting up the WING I have. And it might just be easier to stop by the church and look at things and I will probably need to talk to their tech person about this to show them what they need to do to make this work.

@thegeorgedougherty I see what you are saying but the chances are at this church we will soon be abandoning the P16s except to possibly use them as headphone amps for the few instruments that still use them. All of the singers have already transitioned to the X32Rack that we use as a monitor mixer for IEMs. All controlled with them using Mixing Station with a customized setup to make it really easy for them to use. I don’t think that the P16s were a good choice at this church because we had to sub mix too many things together to get it to fit on 16 channels. With the X32Rack as an IEM monitor mixer it has made it so much easier to do what they need. And I had nothing to do with the selection of the equipment that was initially installed. I did help to make it work but not my choice of what was used.

Return to “WING Consoles”