How to mute mic and fx at same time

UUSoundCrew

How to mute mic and fx at same time

Post by UUSoundCrew »

Hello, newbie here... Working with an X-32 (non-mixing board version). Finally figured how to get FX on mic inputs. However, when I'm looking at sends-on-fader to my monitor mix, when I mute the mic, I am still hearing the FX return in the monitor. I've messed with pre- and post-fader on the FX input, but that doesn't seem to change anything. There's got to be a way to mute both the mic and the FX at the same time from sends on fader, right???
Thanks a lot!

PS I can mute both simulataneously on the main input screen (channel inputs), but not on a "sends on fader" screen.

PPS I'm also learning "Mixing Station" app, so mind confuse some of the terminology...
GaryH

Re: How to mute mic and fx at same time

Post by GaryH »

The fx returns are input ch's in and of themselves, so they are not muted unless you also go and mute them as well. Not ideal if other instruments/vocals are also being sent to that same fx. You might try using an fx as an insert for that particular ch. You might also try (in setup/mixer) checking off "Hard Mute" (see pic below) That may cause the sends from that ch to also be muted. I seem to remember that being the case. Not 100% sure. You could try it and see. You might also try a mute group that just had the fx returns in question and that specific ch as the only members. Then select it when you want the mute activated, it would still effect other ch's using the same fx and may not be what you wanted. At least you would not have to do multiple mute moves to use it.
UUSoundCrew

Re: How to mute mic and fx at same time

Post by UUSoundCrew »

Thanks, Gary. I'll check out the "hard mute".

Return to “X32 Edit”