Is it possible to route Aux into the X-Live recording?

G-Rad

Is it possible to route Aux into the X-Live recording?

Post by G-Rad »

Okay, so I am officially confused. I can record directly from the local inputs, no problem, but that seems to be all I can record from. Even when I assign blocks of 8 in the recording section to User Input and assign 2 of them to Aux 1 and 2, the X-Live completely ignores this!

Here's my configuration.

/config/routing/in:
Local 1-8, Local 9-16, UI 17-24, A 9-16
UI 17-24: Aux1, AUX2, AUX3, AUX4, AUX5, AUX6, Off, Off

/config/routing/play:
Card 1-8, Card 9-16, Card 17-24, Card 25-32

When I run signal through aux 1 and 2, they do respond on channels 17 and 18 respectively.

When I record to x-live it will pick up anything in the 16 mics, but when I play anything through the aux, which is blocked to 17-22, it will not record these. or at least it will not pull from the input. IT records the channel, but the channel is blank.

Any help would be grateful. I only have 16 inputs and I use the aux to run samplers.
Don't be dumb, get you some!
My drum covers and Video game covers
My band, Lost in Nostalgia
pvannatto

Re: Is it possible to route Aux into the X-Live recording?

Post by pvannatto »

To send the same inputs to the X-Live, use the routing, card command.
/config/routing/CARD
and duplicate the assignments you made to the /config/routing/IN command
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
G-Rad

Post by G-Rad »

Thank you. This was successful. I do have a last couple of questions.

What is, if there is one, OSC command to change the sample and bit rate of recordings? I can not find those two pieces of information or at least maybe I over looked them, really easy to do when I'm blind. SO far though, this is working nicely. Implementing the X Live card.
Don't be dumb, get you some!
My drum covers and Video game covers
My band, Lost in Nostalgia
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

The X-Live sample rate is set to 44.1K or 48K using the /-urec/srate command. The bit rate is fixed at (I believe) 24 bit.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
pnfischer

Post by pnfischer »

Paul...

I'm stumped. I've tried the steps described in this thread on an X32 Rack (both from the rack, as well as X32 Edit) and am having *no* luck. Just like G-Rad, I get the original sample to play just fine on ch 17 and 18, remapped from Aux 1/2 via the User Input patching, but for the life of me I cannot get it to come back when playing the recording captured to the X-Live SD card.

I'm sure it's some little bit that I didn't flip correctly, so appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Paul
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Hi @pnfischer, welcome to our forum. G-Rad is visually challenged and has to control the X32 using OSC commands with MX Terminal. Is that the case with you, or can you see how to control it with X32-Edit?
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
pnfischer

Post by pnfischer »

Thanks Paul...new to the world of the X32, but liking it so far!

I have no issue with X32-Edit, and just brought my SD card over to import the X-Live generated file into Reaper to see if at least I'm getting a recording. SUCCESS!! So, the issue is now on the playback routing side, but I'm stepping out for the night and may be delayed a day or two before I can get back on this.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

pnfischer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:57 pm I have no issue with X32-Edit
OK, good to know. The reason I asked is that my solution for G-Rad was using OSC commands, since he can't see X32-Edit (since the app is graphical in design which does not work with screen readers that the blind community uses with MX Terminal).

If you are successfully seeing the X-Live recording in Reaper, it means that you haven't switched the Routing, Inputs from record mode to play mode when you play back from the X-Live card. This can be set to automatically switched by the SD card. To do this, click on the Recorder icon (on right side of X32 Edit), then click on Live SD Recorder tab, then Automatic (Channel Routing section).
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
pnfischer

Post by pnfischer »

Unfortunately, the routing on the setup/card screen on the Rack was already set to 'automatic'....but still nothing. I changed the mode to 'playback' and ran my session, but still nothing.

Here's the current routing:

/routing/block/input/record mode --> local 1-8/local 9-16/User In 17-24/local [25-32] (since I only have the 16 onboard XLR inputs, no AES)/aux ins
/routing/block/input/play mode --> card 1-8/card 9-16/card 17-24/card 25-32/aux ins

/routing/block/card --> local 1-8/local 9-16/User In 17-24/local [25-32]

Then, under /routing/block/patch/user/, banks 1-8 and 9-16 are at their default "off" settings. User Input 17 is mapped to Aux 1, User Input 18 is mapped to Aux 2. Given that when playing the sample, I hear it through the board and I also see the content on the file in Reaper, I'm assuming this section of the setup is configured correctly.

It seems like the issue would most likely lie with the /routing/block/card/ assignments, but changing the third bank to card 17-24 didn't change anything, so not sure what I'm missing.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

pnfischer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:33 pm It seems like the issue would most likely lie with the /routing/block/card/ assignments,
Just an FYI, that is not an X32 OSC command. But I understand what is assigned. I think the best thing to do is to export your scene to a file and attach it to your next post. That way we can see everything in X32-Edit and better advise.

Here is a WIKI instruction on how to export and attach your scene file.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator

Return to “X-Live”