X-Live SD files extraction for any DAW

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
snakethumper

X-Live SD files extraction for any DAW

Post by snakethumper »

For those of you wishing to have an easy way to extract X-Live SD files into files that can be imported directly into any DAW,
I have written Windows software that does just that, automatically.

You can see it in action here:

More info here:

https://www.everysolution.com.au/XLive.asp

Purchase my software, at a very reasonable price, and you will get 2 licences (for two PC's).
Sorry, I dont have an Apple version as yet but may consider it if the demand is high enough.

Regards
David
pmaillot

Re: X-Live SD files extraction for any DAW

Post by pmaillot »

@snakethumper Ok for this tool, but I don't see the need for using ffmpeg (!?).

I coded myself such conversion, made it as fast as possible and didn't have to use any extra/external tools to do so. Just pure C code.
You also mention these are 32 tracks files: Not necessarily. They can be less than that. You mention in your video the wav files are compressed. This is not the case.

Just to keep things accurate.
-Patrick
snakethumper

Post by snakethumper »

Thanks Patrick

Just to add to the accuracy - the latest version caters for 8, 16, or 32 channels (not shown in this video, which just demnstrates 32)

ffmpeg is a free and easy way to manipulate video and audio files from within another app. Its distributed with my software - doesnt need to be installed separately...

and by compressed i mean they are in one file - and that is correct. If i get time i'll redo the video to correct the use of the word "compressed" but its not really an issue

Also - I'm sure you realise that not everyone can code in C (or even other languages) so this is a much easier way for them. My software is a compiled Visual Studio app with installer, which means it can be easily used by everyone.

David
Last edited by snakethumper on Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

snakethumper wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:03 am Also - I'm sure you realise that not everyone can code in C (or even other languages) so this is a much easier way for them. My software is a compiled Visual Studio app with installer, which means it can be easily used by everyone.
Patrick wrote all his apps in C which are compiled into executable apps. Compiled C executables are typically some of the fastest on the planet. His apps are very well written, well maintained and free to the user. We've been using his X-Live conversion utilities since the X-Live has been released.

To be honest, I don't think you have a market here for your paid app.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
snakethumper

Post by snakethumper »

Thanks Paul, I appreciate your honesty

I found Patricks code but not the compiled executables, can someone point me to these? I should have a look at them

Thanks
David
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

@snakethumper, here is Patrick's X32 website.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
snakethumper

Post by snakethumper »

thanks yes i've got that, can find links to C code, and detailed instructions for building etc, but no compiled binaries... am i missing something? must be...
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

simply click on the heading of the paragraphs; it's a link to the .zip package respective of the title.

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”