X-Dante Card Problem

gregcscc

X-Dante Card Problem

Post by gregcscc »

I have a M32 with a x-dante card and a Bose amp with a Dante card. I have the Midas M32 on exp. card in setup and X-dante as leader and bose as follower in the Dante controller but I'm getting a subscription status as a caution triangle on the Midas X-dante card in dante controller. The bose is a green check. What does this mean and how do I fix it? I'm getting random pops and drops. Both are update to the latest firmware and I've run new shielded Cat 7 cables.
GaryH

Re: X-Dante Card Problem

Post by GaryH »

Are both devices using the same sample rate, both 44k or both 48k? You can get that condition with mismatched settings. Can you post a screenshot of the device view in Dante Controller?
gregcscc

Post by gregcscc »

Yes...They're both on 48k. I will post the device view as soon as I get back to the office tomorrow.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Hi @gregcscc, welcome to the forum. Gary will get your Dante setup sorted out for you.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@gregcscc If you can show both the clock status window and the device view/device config windows. Also the network view if you can. I have mine set NOT as ext but as internal clock on my x32 Core. Also try to check off sync to external box. I'll attach what my system looks like at the moment (Wing not currently connected) You can maybe compare and try a few things. Also do you use a managed switch? I've seen my dante card in the X32 be still set at 44k even though the board was set to 48. This is why to look at the device config window. see attached for a comparison.
gregcscc

Post by gregcscc »

Sorry for the delay in getting back. I set the Midas M32 as internal clock and the Midas card as leader and the bose 8500 amp as follower. I misread what you said and checked the sync to external. During our music today everything went well but very shortly after we finished and the pastor started talking we had the pop that we've had before. We also had total drop out of sound for a second like before. Here are my screenshots. Thanks!

Last edited by gregcscc on Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gregcscc

Post by gregcscc »

Last image didn't come over for some reason.

GaryH

Post by GaryH »

Ok, I think you are ok Dante wise, that triangle most likely means there are subscriptions not currently set up or not used. Can you post your subscription view? Easily fixed. The popping does not sound like it would be Dante related. Any chance you are using aes50 devices as well? That issue sounds like what a bad aes50 cable will cause, or one not properly grounded. As for the subscriptions, try to: open up the subscriptions for Xdante and undo all of them not currently being used, maybe undo all period and then redo them again, just using what is actually being connected. I don't see a Dante Virtual Soundcard or Dante Via listed. You are not using either? Do you use a switch? There are a few settings for unmanaged switches that can cause issues so that is also a possible area of concern. I don't think you are far off.
gregcscc

Post by gregcscc »

We do use (2) Midas DL16s connected by way of AES50A and we have (6) DP48 IEMs that we use. When we have had the pops and cutting out, it's in our FOH and ears too. When all of this started I re-ran (2) new 125' AES50 shield cables from the midas M32 to the back of our church where our stage boxes are located. One goes to the AES50A and one goes to the DP48. I also ran (2) cat 7 ethernet cable to the Bose amp. One is a backup and we've changed to the other cable but no difference. We still get the pops and dropouts.

Here are the pics you requested. I did tick OFF the sync to external and we'll try that on Wednesday when we practice.

gregcscc

Post by gregcscc »

We use point-to-point although for this info I do have a pc connected to the bose secondary dante port.

Return to “X-Dante”