X-Dante Card Problem

MJKlein
Site Admin

Re: X-Dante Card Problem

Post by MJKlein »

If your first post, did you "switch out" just the X-Dante expansion card or the entire console for the test?
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
gregcscc

Post by gregcscc »

Entire console. I exchanged the M32 with our backup X32. Totally bypassed Dante per Bose support request.
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

Just thinking out loud that it could have been the X-Dante expansion module.
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
mrgrizzly89

Post by mrgrizzly89 »

I am working on an installation that is very similar to this and have been having similar problems. Reading through these posts have given me a few ideas to try out when I get back on site again. We are using the Midas M32 with the X-Dante card and the Midas DL32 as our stage box. From what I’ve read here, I need to try the following: set the clock source to Internal and then select “sync to external”, and connect a cable from the secondary Dante port to the Ethernet port on the M32. I will be following this thread as well for more updates from the OP.
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@mrgrizzly89 I was using my X32 Core with X-Dante as part of a larger Dante network which includes many other Dante devices and a Wing mixer with the internal Dante Card. In my case the Wing was the Leader in Dante Controller. What was stable with the Care (and I believe will apply to your M32) is that I did NOT use exp card clock with the Core. It would work sometimes but then would drop out or not sync at all if I did so. The confusing part is that the X-Dante manual makes setting up as exp card clock seem like that is the correct and only way to do it.

What has been stable for me is what you are going to try. Core (M32 for you) set as internal clock, Using sync to external within Dante Controller. FYI I had an S16 sync’d to the Core but the DL32 (which I also have) should work the same way. Something needs to be the Leader in Dante Controller though, meaning if your X-Dante card is the only Dante device, it needs to be set as “preferred leader” but also have the “enable sync to external” checkbox enabled as well. I believe that will work ok with the M32 also. Just double checked to make sure that on its own, the X-Dante card works set that way and it fact does. I would also make sure you have the latest X-Dante firmware installed. I am not sure if that makes a difference but it is what I had when it was working correctly.

The Primary port goes to your switch, secondary port short cable to the ethernet port of the M32. If you have a computer also attached to the same network switch as your primary X-Dante card, it allows Dante Controller, M32-Edit and DVS to all run at the same time and access all the parts of your Dante network within DC.
mrgrizzly89

Post by mrgrizzly89 »

GaryH wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:10 pm @mrgrizzly89 I was using my X32 Core with X-Dante as part of a larger Dante network which includes many other Dante devices and a Wing mixer with the internal Dante Card. In my case the Wing was the Leader in Dante Controller. What was stable with the Care (and I believe will apply to your M32) is that I did NOT use exp card clock with the Core. It would work sometimes but then would drop out or not sync at all if I did so. The confusing part is that the X-Dante manual makes setting up as exp card clock seem like that is the correct and only way to do it.

What has been stable for me is what you are going to try. Core (M32 for you) set as internal clock, Using sync to external within Dante Controller. FYI I had an S16 sync’d to the Core but the DL32 (which I also have) should work the same way. Something needs to be the Leader in Dante Controller though, meaning if your X-Dante card is the only Dante device, it needs to be set as “preferred leader” but also have the “enable sync to external” checkbox enabled as well. I believe that will work ok with the M32 also. Just double checked to make sure that on its own, the X-Dante card works set that way and it fact does. I would also make sure you have the latest X-Dante firmware installed. I am not sure if that makes a difference but it is what I had when it was working correctly.

The Primary port goes to your switch, secondary port short cable to the ethernet port of the M32. If you have a computer also attached to the same network switch as your primary X-Dante card, it allows Dante Controller, M32-Edit and DVS to all run at the same time and access all the parts of your Dante network within DC.
Do I update the X-Dante card by updating the console itself, or is there another method to do that?
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

You do it from within Dante Controller, Dante updater is there as part of the program. It should see that the firmware is in need of an update and notify you to do so. You can use the updater to double check it anyway.
mrgrizzly89

Post by mrgrizzly89 »

@GaryH thanks so much! We had a pretty intense install week leading up to our opening night on Friday, so our Executive team ordered mandatory time off until Tuesday, so until then I’ll just be prepping my troubleshooting response 💪🏻
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

@mrgrizzly89 Good luck with the troubleshooting, There is also a new version of Dante Controller out which would probably be worth updating. Audinate keeps things pretty up to date with regard to issues with manufacturers so MAYBE whatever was your problem was part of a much larger fix. I am not sure how recent it is as I have been using my non Dante system a lot recently, but I think it is fairly new, Guessing in the last week or two. I did my double check with the X-Dante/Core yesterday using the latest update and it worked as stated.
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

Same here, just updated using the Dante Updater. Works fine.

Return to “X-Dante”