Added DCA functionality in firmware 4.06

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
pvannatto

Added DCA functionality in firmware 4.06

Post by pvannatto »

One of the additions to the new X32/M32 firmware (4.06) is the availability to assign DCA's to the matrix, Main LR and Main M/C. This allows the sound engineer to use the Main M/C for subs, a matrix for a centerfill and the Main LR for the top Left and Right. If a DCA is assigned to these, it can control the overall FOH level.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
kgallen

Re: Added DCA functionality in firmware 4.06

Post by kgallen »

Apologies to Paul for jumping on his post here - and thanks to him for flagging the update!

Using a DCA to master a bunch of matrices was exactly what I wanted to do - in my case, subtly different bus mixes to different speaker systems via Matrices for the theatre is the application. Fortunately I'd recently put 4.06 on my X32 Compact. However I couldn't find how to do it, as the details are not given in the Release Notes.

I found this page: https://survivethegig.com/x32-firmware- ... t-version/

I'll quote the text just in case that link breaks in the future:

Firmware Version 4.06 (3/09/2021) is the most recent X32 Firmware and builds on version 4.04’s improvements in DCA function. Now, the Main L/R Bus, M/C Bus, and Matrices can be assigned to DCAs and Mute groups. These Buses will not spill across the input section with DCA spill the way inputs will and you can’t assign them like you would assign sources from the left channel bank by simply holding down the DCA Select button and then pressing the Select above the desired addition. To add these buses to DCA’s or Mute Groups you need to select the bus and on its home tab, page down to page 2 where you can select DCA assignments and Mute Group assignments (see below picture).

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”