monitor device options

M/X Air Digital Mixer Series
GaryH

monitor device options

Post by GaryH »

I am looking for suggestions for a cheap yet reliable (android?) device that can run xR/mR monitor programs like Mixing Station? I am thinking that providing several (locked to individual buses) may be a good way to make the monitor system both more band friendly and less dependent on the engineer. I may be working steadily with a particular band this summer so this seems like even more of a good idea to me.
pvannatto

Re: monitor device options

Post by pvannatto »

Hey @GaryH, my goto android is the Samsung Galaxy Tab A (8"). It's not the cheapest. But even though it is about 6 years old, it is rock solid. I also have Acer and Amazon Fire tablets for musicians. Be careful of the Acer model that it is dual band. I got one thinking that all Acer tablets were dual band, only to find out it wasn't.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
GaryH

Re: monitor device options

Post by GaryH »

Thanks@pvannatto I have a 10 inch Galaxy tab A about the same age...yes they work great! I am looking for the musician/user type,
will check the Fire out. Wanting to provide consistent type for maybe 4-5 users, rather than they all bring something different. If I can do it for not a great outlay, I will.

Return to “M/X-Air Digital Mixers”