Parametric EQ bug or by design ?

The new Flow8 digital console
buzzkill

Parametric EQ bug or by design ?

Post by buzzkill »

when you change the settings from FULL Parametric OFF to ON the display changes , it really should stay ON IMO ? maybe a bug ?

Full OFF

FULL ON
kgallen

Re: Parametric EQ bug or by design ?

Post by kgallen »

I agree with you but maybe they removed the fill because the picture would not give a good representation of the frequency response once you start adjusting the frequency nodes. Hopefully they will improve this in a later firmware.
therentabrain

Post by therentabrain »

I love the Flow8 and it has become a wonderful tool for mixing on the go.

But yes, this was so confusing to me. Especially because "width" gets narrower the higher the number. I had no idea that was the case, and I couldn't figure out why the parametric wasn't doing anything good.

If I had seen a display like on every other digital EQ I have used, that would have been incredibly useful!

In a related story: Do we know what the "Full Range" button does? I heard no difference.
buzzkill

Post by buzzkill »

therentabrain wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:41 pm I love the Flow8 and it has become a wonderful tool for mixing on the go.

But yes, this was so confusing to me. Especially because "width" gets narrower the higher the number. I had no idea that was the case, and I couldn't figure out why the parametric wasn't doing anything good.

If I had seen a display like on every other digital EQ I have used, that would have been incredibly useful!

In a related story: Do we know what the "Full Range" button does? I heard no difference.
Full range gives you Freq. and Range or Q control ( width of freq range ) like a more expensive unit.
therentabrain

Post by therentabrain »

buzzkill wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:50 pm Full range gives you Freq. and Range or Q control ( width of freq range ) like a more expensive unit.
I'm referring to the FULL RANGE button at the top right. I'm staying in parametric mode. I tap Full Range and it lights up, or turns off, but I don't see or hear anything different.

Or maybe I didn't understand what you were saying :)
Peter Z

Post by Peter Z »

Full range sets the frequency range on each band to 20-20000Hz. „Non-Full“ range sets it to a limited bandwidth according to the selected band. This allows finer adjustments.
therentabrain

Post by therentabrain »

Oh I didn't notice that! Makes sense. I wish there were a really friendly and complete manual.

Return to “Flow8”