Controlling reaper including EQ?

Support for the free app X32Reaper. This is not the forum for X32ReaperAutoMate.
pmaillot

Re: Controlling reaper including EQ?

Post by pmaillot »

Fingerpickingood wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:53 pm Do you happen to know if there's a way I could record busses to reaper instead? Like if I had 6 busses or something, that could be cool, I could just render them all into 6 tracks in reaper, and then just adjust general level of that afterwards.
Of course. Just route said busses to usb out to have the audio data available to REAPER (XLR out to Card, by blocks of 4, or use patch points).
Fingerpickingood

Post by Fingerpickingood »

pmaillot wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:04 am
Fingerpickingood wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:53 pm Do you happen to know if there's a way I could record busses to reaper instead? Like if I had 6 busses or something, that could be cool, I could just render them all into 6 tracks in reaper, and then just adjust general level of that afterwards.
Of course. Just route said busses to usb out to have the audio data available to REAPER (XLR out to Card, by blocks of 4, or use patch points).
Sweet! I didn't realize we could do that. Is there a way to record the FX as well? I guess that would just be those busses there?

I'm trying to figure this all out on X32 edit, since I don't have access to console. But I find the routing screen on x32 edit a bit unintuitive for my brain. Maybe I just need to go and hookup to the venue and spend some time there figuring it out. I think this will be the solution though. Now I just gotta figure out the routing, so that I can have as many stereo linked busses as possible recording into reaper, while still having the possibility for reverb in the monitors, in the house, and in the recording. I actually kind of can't wait to try this out. Thanks!

EDIT: I think I got it I have the opportunity to record outputs 1-8 and then 9-16. Someone else mentioned ultranet. Idk if that applies to me, but if I can record more outputs with that, that would be sweet.

How would I go about recording matrices like that? I don't think I will want that, but it would be nice to know how, if it's possible.
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

The X32 is limited to 32 channels via USB/Dante or whatever interface card.
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
Murray

Post by Murray »

Hi,
My Name is Murray, I worked as a sound engineer for many years until an explosion halted that. 30 years later and i have just bought a x32 producer to play with and I am trying to find X32Reaper so I can mess around with the console and reaper. Could you help me find a copy? I can't find it anywhere, I found the software now called x32ReaperAutomate but its more than I need and is a bit pricey. Happy to pay a cost of course, but not viable for the wife at $150 AUD with me just messing around. Thank you. and sorry for dropping in on this thread.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Hi @Murray, welcome to the forum. Yes Patrick still has X32Reaper available here. Click on the heading to get the download.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

Thx Paul :-)
Murray

Post by Murray »

Thankyou Patrick and Paul.
Have a great day.
Regards
Murray
Murray

Post by Murray »

Hi Patrick,
I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you. Your work on the controller adaption for the x32 with osc is nothing short of awesome. I bought the x32producer s/h about 12mths ago after my brother did some recordings with a band and got the tracks for me to play around with but have only really been able to use it as a basic oneway controller with cakewalk or in the 8ch limited mackie mode. Its been more than 25 years since i worked as a sound engineer in the studio and I still miss it, in my day it was big consoles and big tape machines, how things have changed...This integration of the x32 with reaper, with the transport controls and all! made me smile. Anyway I'm rambling, so thanks again for the X32reaper software and as a bonus it forced me to check out Reaper which is also just what I need in a daw. Do you accept donations to the Patricks software development Christmas fund? Via paypal or something? I've done a tiny bit of programming over the years so I can imagine the hours you've put in to these projects. I'm not rich but I'd like to contribute something.
Thanks again.
Regards
Murray
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Hi @Murray, Patrick's donation link is listed part way down on his website.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

@Murray do you realize that the AutoMate program was designed to automate the console similar to how the big consoles worked in the analog days?
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge

Return to “X32Reaper”