Controlling all faders at once?

Support for the free app X32Reaper. This is not the forum for X32ReaperAutoMate.
Fingerpickingood

Controlling all faders at once?

Post by Fingerpickingood »

Sometimes I may have not gain staged the best, I get to a point where I would really like to be able to make someone louder, but I can't push the fader up any further. I would like to be able to turn everything down at that point, and boost FOH, but I'd like to really move all faders down keeping their relative positions. Is there a way I can do this?

I think DCA would just control volume of everything if I sent it all there, right? It wouldn't move any faders I think?

Or maybe I should just figure out a better process for gain staging. Any tips for that would be appreciated also. I have my mains going out through a mixer, so I can always boost that to a certain extent. Maybe I should just exaggerate that to be very loud, and be more conservative on my faders.
pmaillot

Re: Controlling all faders at once?

Post by pmaillot »

"I'd like to really move all faders down keeping their relative positions. Is there a way I can do this?" Some apps can/could do this but this is not the right thing to do. Work on your gain settings.

Return to “X32Reaper”