Double Vocal Clicking noise

Behringer WING Consoles
DaveT

Double Vocal Clicking noise

Post by DaveT »

Found an issue with the double vocal effect. Placed on one of the buses with the vocal mic being sent to it. all is ok with all other FX etc in place, but when I unmute the vocal double bus, and do the usual 1,2. 1,2 to check, there is noticeable click once you hit a certain level. doing just the 2, 2 ,2 ,2 the click is there as soon as you hit the peak of the word 2. mute the bus and the issue goes away.

at first I thought there was a gate or comp opening and shutting, but the bus has zero other processing on it. its a straight in out bus with nothing else on it, or sending to anywhere else (other than to the monitors which are all muted, and to the main 1 to 4.

Anyone else noticed it?

ive also tried inserting it on the mic channel instead of on a bus, and the issue is also there. if the mix level is knocked back from 100% then the click is not as noticeable, but is still there.

Latest firmware
KMaxwell

Re: Double Vocal Clicking noise

Post by KMaxwell »

It sounds crunchy to me when driven hard, it might be defined as clicky. It isn’t an effect that I find pleasant. I’m hearing the phase induced frequency shift due to the added propagation delay of the inserted effect on the Mix Bus and that doesn’t sound good to me. I doubt that I would be using that effect for anything.
DaveT

Re: Double Vocal Clicking noise

Post by DaveT »

Yeah, perhaps music group need to look at it and quite a few other effects that don't seem to be fully usable (the pitch correct comes to mind as being pathetic)

Return to “WING Consoles”