Strange echo on USB 3/4

The new Flow8 digital console
Ablo

Strange echo on USB 3/4

Post by Ablo »

I have a setup that I never change. The USB 3/4 is routed only to the headphones. Suddenly, there is s strange echo on that channel only. It echoes 1-2 times and then dampens out. The only thing that might have happened is that the studio cats walked over the controls and pressed something (seriously....) but no idea what it might be. Any ideas much appreciated.
kgallen

Re: Strange echo on USB 3/4

Post by kgallen »

Have you got an audio loop Flow8-PC-Flow8 ?
Ablo

Post by Ablo »

Not that I know of
Soul32

Post by Soul32 »

Hello,

I also have this kind of problem with my helmet but I really don't know until now what the reason is.
therentabrain

Post by therentabrain »

Similar to what I just wrote in a different topic, the beauty of library snapshots is you can save where you're at and try things, then restore if you lost anything I would suggest saving the snapshot then starting with a brand new mix and seeing if the problem is still there.

If the problem is gone, then it's probably in the settings you had. You can bash at your setup and know that if you break something, you still have it saved.

If the problem is still there or easily comes back, then it's probably in your DAW/PC, cables if any, or a physical problem with your Flow8 (doubtful).

Sometimes if you get stuck on a theory you can miss the obvious. If it isn't a cat paw input problem, it could be something else that changed the same day...
therentabrain

Post by therentabrain »

P.S. The delay makes me think it's going to the computer and then back to the Flow8. If you are sending the full mix to the computer, and if you then have monitor turned on in the computer so it goes back to the Flow8, that would do that. Normally that wouldn't just echo a couple of times and disappear, unless something is drastically attenuating the level, but maybe something is.

P.P.S. Or you have an FX turned on that you forgot about. It can be hard to figure out what FX are enabled in what way on the Flow8; have you tried exploring the FX at every possible level? I don't remember offhand whether FX can be separately connected to one of the output channels or an AUX, but I'd look for something like that.

Return to “Flow8”