U-Phoria UMC404HD random pops

Eamoex

U-Phoria UMC404HD random pops

Post by Eamoex »

Hello Everyone.

The unit is spanking new. I have the latest driver installed. My OS is Windows 10x64 Version 10.0.17763. The interface makes random pops. They always come in pairs, with one moderate pop followed by a louder one, half a second apart or so. There is no apparent reason for this. It can happen anytime, e.g. while I'm watching a video, not interacting with the computer in any other way. It also happens at totally random intervals, but I'd say twice per hour at least.

The settings are so:
  • Sample rate: 192'000kHz
  • Output: 4 ch., 16bit
  • Buffer: 2048 samples, safe mode off
Anyone having this kind of annoyance? It sort of drives me nuts and makes this unit quite undesirable to use...
andriusbern

Re: U-Phoria UMC404HD random pops

Post by andriusbern »

I used to have the exact same issue with random pops that started like a year ago. However, by now it has escalated to 3-4 random pops spaced out 0.5s apart that are followed by UMC404HD completely disconnecting and reconnecting (takes around 5s). Of course this makes the PC switch audio sources and mess everything up, especially when working in a DAW or having online calls. The issue happens whether the external power supply is connected or not. This is not the fault of the cable (tested 2 different cables), PC (3 different machines) or the OS (tried Win, Mac, Linux) so it must be the unit itself.

Basically I cannot use the audio card anymore and it only lasted me 2 years, which is a bit of a shame.
Has anyone else encountered similar issues?

Return to “Audio Interfaces”