Buzzing, hum on Flow 8 even with no inputs

The new Flow8 digital console
Gre404

Buzzing, hum on Flow 8 even with no inputs

Post by Gre404 »

I noticed a midrange hum and started turning each channel down to locate it. Turned them all down, then unplugged all and at 1/2 volume it's still there. I just got this and have a lot to grasp but had it functioning last time.
I still don't get exactly what the blue slider next to the master gain slider does. When I turned it down the noise stopped but that brought the whole gain down. I noticed on another post using the XR12 or bigger that the writer could send a a file showing the settings. Is that possible with the Flow8 app? Thanks.
Gre404

Re: Buzzing, hum on Flow 8 even with no inputs

Post by Gre404 »

This hum is still going strong today. I did find a partial cause. I use an led light as part of the setup and when I unplugged the transformer for the light the hum was reduced by 40%. I didn't notice that hum when I was using my analog mixer. in the months before. Is it possible this mixer is more susceptible to things like this?
ngmoon101

Re: Buzzing, hum on Flow 8 even with no inputs

Post by ngmoon101 »

Are you using the mixer in a live application or is it plugged into your computer? That blue fader is to control the USB audio and Bluetooth Audio input. This fader does not affect the main volume. It's possible that you're pushing the gain/noise floor of the bluetooth input by keeping the fader that high causing you to hear a weird hum or buzzing (especially if you're not playing anything through it.) If you are not using digital audio input, I would suggest keeping the fader down and muting the channel. Definitely read through the manual/quick start guide so you can learn about all the different functions of the unit. Hope this helps!

Return to “Flow8”