WTH no 2 way USB ??????

The new Flow8 digital console
buzzkill

WTH no 2 way USB ??????

Post by buzzkill »

Ok so you can record into a daw on USB but cannot send audio to the unit over USB WTF >>?>? Im trying to use backing tracks for my band live but cannot send audio to the Flow 8 over USB ( except to the Bluetooth channel ) , is there any good reason for this obvious use ??? except for laziness in programming ?? .
ya im pissed at this.
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x
therentabrain

Re: WTH no 2 way USB ??????

Post by therentabrain »

You can. Note the "Monitor USB" section:
https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... iguration/
kgallen

Post by kgallen »

Sorry I can't confirm either way. Can you check your observations, this is the text from Behringer's site and I think I read that as what you want to do should work?

"The internal USB interface offers separate modes for streaming and recording applications, providing up to 10 recording tracks and 4 playback channels. Either the main mix or all input signals can be streamed or recorded individually."

https://www.behringer.com/product.html? ... PCxlFB0sbE
buzzkill

Post by buzzkill »

Ok I tried that but it outputs 2 stereo ch's on 5/6 , 7/8 , I actually need 4 mono outs for my setup , I could work around it in small venues , I setup a Bringer ADA8000 to get 8 in/outs ,

To bad you cant split 5/6 , 7/8 into mono ch's !!! ??? maybe a request ?

thanks for the help guys !! :D
therentabrain

Post by therentabrain »

buzzkill wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:48 pm Ok I tried that but it outputs 2 stereo ch's on 5/6 , 7/8 , I actually need 4 mono outs for my setup , I could work around it in small venues , I setup a Bringer ADA8000 to get 8 in/outs ,

It does sound like a good feature request...

But for now, you're saying you need four separate tracks coming back via USB to mix with your live instruments as backing tracks? Why not get the mix how you want it in the computer, and send it over 7/8 as a stereo mix of backing tracks?

Let's say you need two different mono monitor mixes, and one stereo mix of backing tracks for the house.

If you can preset Mono Monitor MIx 1 and send it out the left side as USB 5, and send Mono Monitor Mix 2 out of the right side as USB 6, you could then stereo link 1/2 and monitor mix 1 would come out of 1 and 2 out of 2.

You could also be sending the stereo house mix as USB 7/8 and mix that into the mains but not the monitors.

If you have three performers and don't mind doing the gig in mono, you could make three mono mixes (USB 5, 6, 7) and one mono mix of backing tracks for the house as USB 8 and then use the main L for Monitor 3 and main R would go to the house PA. You could get a separate volume knob for Monitor 3 if you use the headphone out.

I am sure I'm not really following your intent but I hope there is an answer in there somewhere that helps you figure something out. :)
Bass88

Post by Bass88 »

buzzkill wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:48 pm Ok I tried that but it outputs 2 stereo ch's on 5/6 , 7/8 , I actually need 4 mono outs for my setup , I could work around it in small venues , I setup a Bringer ADA8000 to get 8 in/outs ,

Hi Buzzkill. Did you ever sort out this issue? I am considering the Flow 8 for my Duo with backing tracks.

I have a nice little mixer already so I could just get an interface but it sure would be nice to have one less gizmo to worry about! If the Flow 8 could work with Stagetraxx3 it would be great!

Return to “Flow8”