DP48 AES50 return

DP48, Hub4 mixing eco-system
ldamkjar

DP48 AES50 return

Post by ldamkjar »

Hi

Paul Vannato postes something about this in the Music Trine - But I am not able to find it again. I need to find the list of what was returner in banks of 8.

Lars
pvannatto

Re: DP48 AES50 return

Post by pvannatto »

Hi @ldamkjar, you are not the only one that can't find things on that forum (most of us can't).

Here is the outputs/returns of each of the DP48 as a block of 8. Each DP48 returns are cascaded (shifted over a block of 8 appropriately).
Output 1: Mix A left
Output 2: Mix A right
Output 3: Mix B left
Output 4: Mix B right
Output 5: Internal mic
Output 6: not used
Output 7: Aux In left
Output 8: Aux In right

Attached is a block diagram of the Hub4 that includes these DP48 outputs/returns.
Attachments
HUB4-Routingdiagram_Talkback-Update.png
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
ldamkjar

Post by ldamkjar »

Thx Paul. I will try to see if I can relate it to physical outputs to my in-ears. Thx for the Quick answer - great as always. Lars
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

pvannatto wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:07 pm Hi @ldamkjar, you are not the only one that can't find things on that forum (most of us can't).
Off Topic
That is literally the reason why this forum exists.
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
ldamkjar

Post by ldamkjar »

Hi

I am sorry to say that I cannot figure out how I can route the signal coming back from DP48 via AES50B and to our in-ear. I look at he mixer and hav no clue how to do it, and find myself being stupid. I am hoping Paul can help me. You helped me with the diagram, but I cannot see what I should do on the mixer. Right now I have taken the signal from the line out of the DP48, and routed it into a channel on the X32. Then I send (using sends on Fader) that signal to the output where my in-ear is connected. How can I do the same for the signal coming back from the AES50B DP48?

Best regards - Lars
Attachments
Potters.scn
Our scene
(65.46 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Last edited by ldamkjar on Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Hi Lars (@ldamkjar, I need a bit more info before I can help.
* Is there a reason why you are not plugging your IEM into the DP48 directly, or are you using wireless IEM?
* What physical output do you want your IEM output to go to?
* What is the name of your IEM mix (Keyboard?)?

If you are using wireless IEM's, probably the best way to configure the routing is by using the User Out screen of the Routing section to make up the bank of 8 with a mix of mixbus and AES50 B outputs. Once I know the answers of the above questions, I can provide you with the routing assignments.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
ldamkjar

Post by ldamkjar »

Hi Paul - thx again for helping

* Is there a reason why you are not plugging your IEM into the DP48 directly, or are you using wireless IEM?
Yes we are using wireless IEM
* What physical output do you want your IEM output to go to?
I would like it to go to XLR output 3 and 4 (BUS 3/4 - L/R), but in the scene they are assigned to XLR 2 and 5.
* What is the name of your IEM mix (Keyboard?)?
"Hjorleif IE" L and R for bus 3 and 4
Does this help?

Lars
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Thanks Lars @ldamkjar for the details. Three other questions and I should have all of the details necessary.
* Currently Anton IE L is using outputs 3 and 4 (second one is inverted). What do you want done with them?
* Are the wireless IEM transmitters connected to the outputs of the console or to the outputs of the stageboxes (AES50 A)?
* Assuming you are cascading (daisy chaining) the DP48's, which one is your DP48 (first, second, etc)?
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
ldamkjar

Post by ldamkjar »

Thx again Paul

* Currently Anton IE L is using outputs 3 and 4 (second one is inverted). What do you want done with them?
My bad. I would like to keep Them on 3 and 4. He is not using a dp48 but an iPad. So it should he outputs 1 and 2
* Are the wireless IEM transmitters connected to the outputs of the console or to the outputs of the stageboxes (AES50 A)?
They are connected to The stageboxes AES50 A yes
* Assuming you are cascading (daisy chaining) the DP48's, which one is your DP48 (first, second, etc)?
We currently have only 1 dp48 to be shared, but we start with just mix A from dp48. Later (soon) we Will add mix be as Well
Lars
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Hey Lars @ldamkjar, again thanks for your answers. Attached is the fixed scene. What I did was move your IEM mix from the DP48 (from AES50 B1-2) to outputs 1-2 and combining that with the other outputs (from the Out 1-16 screen) using the User Out screen. I also moved the SUBwoofer (from output 1) to output 5. Later if you want the Mix B outputs from the DP48, you can add it on the User Out screen.

I also added the quick reply to this section of the forum. Somehow it got overlooked when we set it up.
Attachments
Potters-fixed2.scn
(65.36 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator

Return to “DP48 Mixers”