Attention For users of the iPad M-Air and X-Air Applications

pvannatto

Attention For users of the iPad M-Air and X-Air Applications

Post by pvannatto »

Hi everyone,

This announcement just came from the Music-Tribe developers (Nov 1, 2022).

"We DO NOT recommend updating to the iOS 16 as, currently, there are compatibility issues that we cannot resolve with the existing code base.
A new cross-platform app is currently being worked on. The first version is in Beta testing, and we aim to provide the full feature set as quickly as possible."
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
kmitchell

Re: Attention For users of the iPad M-Air and X-Air Applications

Post by kmitchell »

Wow. The level of incompetence at MT never ceases to amaze me. Apple released iOS16 to devs in June '22 and it took them 4 months to tell the users the app doesn't work?

How much you want to bet the "new" app won't work with older iOS versions?

As far as I could tell, Mixing Station never missed a beat.
kmitchell

Post by kmitchell »

Over on the MT forum this is becoming an issue. Folks who got a new X/XR18 and/or a new iPad are reporting crashes. I'm surprised Behringer is still allowing downloads for iOS16. I've reported it to Apple but unfortunately, they'll likely just remove it from all downloads.

I'm suggesting Mixing Station where I can, but MT will likely PM me at some point and tell me to stop.
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

kmitchell wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:17 pm I'm suggesting Mixing Station where I can, but MT will likely PM me at some point and tell me to stop.
I doubt that they will, since the the android app is based on David's Mixing Station (albeit an older version). The Mixing Station suggestion also helps takes a bit of heat off their lack of timely response to a solution for their official app. I would think that you will have more resistance (and pushback) from some of the iPad users, who seem to be unable to mix without the "bling" of the official app.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
kmitchell

Post by kmitchell »

I hope they continue to support developers of apps like Mixing Station.

The first thing I usually hear is "but that's a PAID app." This usually comes from the same person who complained "I can't work", "I'm losing money", or "I'll have to purchase a new mixer".
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

What I've never understood is since these users paid a significant price for their iPad (which is way overpriced IMO), why are they griping about paying a few shekels to a third party developer. They would have been far better off to get a couple of good android tablets and Mixing Station and have enough left over to take their wife out on a few dates.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
dwarfstarstudios

Post by dwarfstarstudios »

I just found this way to downgrade to a still-signed version of iOS 15, while maintaining all of your backup data:

Worked great and now I'm back in business with all my templates, etc.

- John
kmitchell

Post by kmitchell »

Thanks for posting @dwarfstarstudios

This will work as long as it isn't the newest model that requires iOS16.
soundguy73

Post by soundguy73 »

We recently discovered that we only have trouble connecting through the direct access Wi-Fi point on our X18. In a pinch I downloaded the Android version to my Samsung. It's more cumbersome but got the job done. We have discovered we can still use the iPad by connecting the mixer to a router through the LAN port. We have a gig this weekend where we will attempt using a Wi-Fi router. We are also setting up Mevo cameras to record the set which are controlled via Wi-Fi by the same iPad. I'll post an update next week to report how it turns out. We're keeping our fingers crossed since it's not in the band budget to explore other options at this time.
violincredible

Post by violincredible »

It'll be interesting to hear how the XR18/router/iPad/etc setup panned out at the gig, soundguy73...
Maybe (almost certainly) a silly question, but just clarifying the probs are around the iPad being on iOS 16, and not the age-old "Built-in XR access point just kinda sucks at gigs" issues...

-Alex

Return to “X-Air Edit”