Scene safes

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
JonMc

Scene safes

Post by JonMc »

Hi, new member longtime user.
I have a sound gig coming up at a venue I used to do some occasional in house teching at. I will be mixing the opening act(s). They have a house M32/dl32. I have an X32 Compact/sd16/8. I work with the opener alot and have a scene saved for use with "my rig".
My understanding of scene safes is woefully inadequate for what I am hoping to do (not sure about the house techs skills). I would like to bring my sd16 and patch that while using my existing scene for the band on their board.
Which parameters would I need to "check" so I don't mess with any routing. They used to use matrix sends for LR and fills.
How much of a pain is trying to use my sd16 (repatching the house cat5 cable)? I'm just trying to make the changeover as quick and simple as possible.
pvannatto

Re: Scene safes

Post by pvannatto »

Hi @JonMc, welcome to the forum. I would suggest that you forego messing with safes (yes I still hate them). Instead, setup your Compact with your SD16 for your needs and connect to the FOH M32 via the other AES50. On your Routing, AES50 screen, transfer the inputs from the SD16 to the other AES50 (eg. if your SD16 is connected to the Compact AES50 A port, assign AES50 A1-8 to AES50 B1-8 outputs, AES50 A9-16 to AES50 B9-16, etc.). That way you don't mess with FOH and their setup with their DL32.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”