Save JUST routing

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
UKMark

Save JUST routing

Post by UKMark »

Hi Guys

Just checking something before I make a big error!

I want to have 2 routing setups. One with an S16 stage box and one without.

If I save a couple of scenes and check ALL scene safes except the routing IO, will that give me a file that, when loaded will only change my routing? IE I can have a scene for "S16 Routing" and another for "Local only Routing"

Seems to make sense to me but not tried it before and dont want to screw up my entire board!

Thanks

Mark
pvannatto

Re: Save JUST routing

Post by pvannatto »

Hi @UKMark, safes are only implemented on recall, not on saving. That means that all settings are saved to a scene (or scene file). The safes restrict what settings are recalled (or loaded). Unfortunately there are a lot of routing settings (see the Routing screens) that are all lumped together in the Routing safe. As you can see, safes are not very granular and are poorly documented, which is why I avoid using them. It would be better to either save 2 separate scenes, one using the S16 stagebox and one using the local inputs - or export the scene to a file and use the X32 Scene Parser to create 2 snippets that can be imported into the snippet list of the console.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
DwayneA

Post by DwayneA »

Hi Mark.
Ditto to what Paul advised.
I have used that exact methodology to create snippets that convert a scene from one console to another with different I/O.
Dwayne A
UKMark

Post by UKMark »

Hi all
Thanks for the replies. The editor app looks awesome. Amazing that @pvannatto wrote such a thing for free, thank you!

I am a bit confused though as there does not seem to be any way to load in/out a snippet. I can see there is an option to load/save scenes via usb but nothing on the snippets tab.

I didn’t want to load a whole scene, just a snippet with routing changes. I also have a bunch of snippets I have created on my studio X32 that I want to load I to my live rig.

Am I missing something?

Cheers
Mark
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

@UKMark, I think what you are wanting to do is import (not load). If you want to import a snippet (scene or show) from a USB stick to the console, go to the snippet list screen, select an empty slot, press the Utility button and press the 5th encoder (Import) on the display.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
UKMark

Post by UKMark »

Ahhh I see.

I was using X32-Edit. No facility in the app (I can see..) that does this. Only on the console itself.

Wish Behringer would update the X32-Edit app and add all the missing bits....

Thanks for the help.

Mark
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

UKMark wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:43 pm I was using X32-Edit. No facility in the app (I can see..) that does this. Only on the console itself.
You can only import to the console using the USB stick and Utility button. In X32-Edit you can import to the computer snippet/scene. That is by design (as per from the developers), since there are no OSC commands to do so.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
UKMark

Post by UKMark »

Hey Paul
pvannatto wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:55 pm In X32-Edit you can import to the computer snippet/scene.
How does one do this??

Thanks
Mark
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Select the computer snippet screen. The left set of cues, scenes and snippets are the computer set and the right set are the console set. If you select the computer snippet screen, you will see the Import and Export buttons on the right side.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”