Xenyx Q1002USB power supply

fberna

Xenyx Q1002USB power supply

Post by fberna »

Hello,

I have gotten the mixer but without power supply.

I have tried to find the PSU3 with no luck. I don't understand if there is a backlog or if this product won't be supplied anymore.

Does anyone have any hint on where to find one.? Or where to find just the transformer with the 2x20V secondary?

Also, I am curious on how the device produces the 48V phantom voltage with the 2x20V input...

Thank in advance for any suggestion.

Ferdinando
pvannatto

Re: Xenyx Q1002USB power supply

Post by pvannatto »

fberna wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:03 pm I have gotten the mixer but without power supply.
Welcome to our forum. Did you get it from a Behringer dealer? If so, contact them and demand that they send you a power adapter. If it wasn't from an authorized dealer, you might be out of luck. You could go on the official forum (community.musictribe.com) and click on Support (above) and fill in a Spare Parts ticket.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
pmaillot

Re: Xenyx Q1002USB power supply

Post by pmaillot »

Hello,

Many mixers do not provide phantom power at 48v, and very often anything that is above 9V or 12V will work just fine with most microphones.

I remember using a small analog Behringer mixer for a drum set with several condenser mics and the actual voltage was 9V.

-Patrick

Ref: Wikipedia extract:
Standards
The International Electrotechnical Commission Standards Committee's "Multimedia systems – Guide to the recommended characteristics of analogue interfaces to achieve interoperability" (IEC 61938:2018) specifies parameters for microphone phantom power delivery.[2] Three variants are defined by the document: P12, P24 and P48. In addition, two additional variants (P12L and SP48) are mentioned for specialized applications.[3][4] Most microphones now use the P48 standard (maximum available power is 240 mW). Although 12 and 48-volt systems are still in use, the standard recommends 24-volt supply for new systems.

Return to “Analog Mixers”