UMC1820 power supply question.

awsumandy

UMC1820 power supply question.

Post by awsumandy »

I'm rebuilding my studio and I cant find the correct wall wart for my UMC1820. The back of the unit says 12v with negative centre point, but all I can find is a 12v power supply with a Positive centre point. I'm beginning to wonder if this is the correct unit and that theres a misprint on the back of the UMC1820.
Would any UMC1820 owners be kind enough to check the wall wart for me to see what the actual specs are? Thanks in advance.
Andy
pvannatto

Re: UMC1820 power supply question.

Post by pvannatto »

Hi @awsumandy, welcome to our forum. Yes Behringer tends to have their DC power supply with reverse polarity to the normal wall-warts. I simply cut the wire between the wall-wart and plug. Reverse the wires, add a couple of pieces of heat shrink and re-solder the wires back together.
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

Where I live, the local electronics store has a line of replacement power supplies. You pick the supply (voltage/current) and then pick out the plug that fits your device. They are marked with (+) and (-) and are reversible. Maybe you can find something like that and install the plug with the correct polarity.
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

I have done what @pvannatto suggested a few times over the years. Works perfectly. Cutting and splicing the wires certainly can get you by until you find a new one to purchase. Luckily wall warts are fairly cheap these days from Amazon and other similar outlets.
awsumandy

Post by awsumandy »

Perfect solutions. Thanks all!

Return to “Audio Interfaces”