LiveSplit

pmaillot

LiveSplit

Post by pmaillot »

Happy New Year to all!

Just to let you know a new tool, LiveSplit, is available for this time breaking apart an X-Live, M-Live or W-live session at a chosen time. The tool will create two new sessions directly compatible with the Behringer SD card standard.

LiveSplit is a free tool available at https://sites.google.com/site/patrickmaillot/x-m-w-live

-Patrick
GaryH

Re: LiveSplit

Post by GaryH »

Thanks for creating this!
pvannatto

Post by pvannatto »

Very cool and useful app Patrick! Thanks
Paul Vannatto
Global Moderator
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

It's a cool tool but consider it beta sw for now. I have from time to time SD system errors I cannot figure out on the created sessions. Nothing blocking, but annoying.

The same session may read full correctly, or generate an error at the end of reading.

I compared almost byte to byte the files and all seem OK and correct. Still...
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

No longer beta! :)

I found out why I had errors sometimes. I'll need to get a technical explanation from B if they agree to give me one because I don't see why they put such limitation on their .wav files management. Looks like the number of sample blocks *must* be a multiple of 256. This in itself is not too much of a problem, but if one wants to split at exactly 1000ms, there's no way to achieve this at 48000 or 44100 as 1 second represents 187.5 or 172.27 samples!

So the split will either be at 1002ms or 1004ms, respectively.

version 0.3 on the website is the latest one.

-Patrick
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

pmaillot wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:19 pm No longer beta! :)

I found out why I had errors sometimes. I'll need to get a technical explanation from B if they agree to give me one because I don't see why they put such limitation on their .wav files management. Looks like the number of sample blocks *must* be a multiple of 256. This in itself is not too much of a problem, but if one wants to split at exactly 1000ms, there's no way to achieve this at 48000 or 44100 as 1 second represents 187.5 or 172.27 samples!

So the split will either be at 1002ms or 1004ms, respectively.

version 0.3 on the website is the latest one.

-Patrick
That is quite a remarkable discovery.
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Behringer X32/Dante + Soundcraft Ghost + X32ReaperAutoMate
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
https://www.youtube.com/@phoenixmediaforge
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

Fact is it really doesn't matter in the typical/normal use of the x32 or wing. You record to sd and and whether it stops at 1s exactly or 2ms after doesn't matter at all. As long as you have your recording up to the time you press the stop button.

It becomes more of an issue when dealing with samples you'd like to assemble for example. There, 1s is 1s, and not 1.002s.

I'd really like to understand why they impose that multiple of 256. I don't see any "easier" computation down the road, in the .BIN file or in the .wav files of the sessions. Has to be another obscure reason. Hopefully not sloppy programming ;-)

Return to “Patrick-Gilles Maillot's Free Apps Support”