MS-1 and TD-3 USB Causing issues with MizWizard USB

mrplow

MS-1 and TD-3 USB Causing issues with MizWizard USB

Post by mrplow »

Hi all,

Wondering if there has been any similar types of issues encountered as this once may be rather specific and esoteric. I have an Allen & Heath MixWizard WZ4 16:2 Mixer with the USB Card installed allowing me to access each channel as a direct input to my DAW. A pretty great feature IMO as it merges the best of a 16 channel audio interface and mixer. Anyhow, my other outboard gear includes the MS-1 and TD-3 along with a Roland TR8-S and JU-06A and a Abtrakt Instruments Avalon. I had all but the Avalon connected with USB to my computer in addition to audio to the mixer and midi to my midi interface. I run Ableton Live 10 as my DAW and use the MixWizard as my audio interface (in and out). Should also note that I am running Mac OSX 10.14.6.

I have encountered issues with the MixWizard audio just glitching then dropping out when used in conjunction my Live but have not been able to hone in on the issue. A&H did not have much guidance and I could not reliably reproduce it. But just today, I decided to run some tests just playing a single audio clip in Live to the A&H under different scenarios. With none of the 4 outboard devices connected via USB, everything was working fine. Connecting either of the Roland devices via USB was ok as well (note they did not need to be connected via USB other than for power to JU-06A and for some specific functionality not in use for the TR-8S). When I connected either of the two Behringer devices via USB (also not really necessary other than maybe updates), this issue where it causes the USB driver for the A&H to freak out comes in. The effect is that the playback in Live starts skipping, then the audio just drops out from the mixer even though it looks like it is still playing fine.

My workaround at the moment is to just not connect those two devices via USB which is acceptable. But just wondering if there are known deficiencies with the Behringer USB drivers.

Will try to post videos of the issue if I can find a proper place to host them.

Cheers

Return to “Audio Interfaces”