Head Amp Problem on SD12 and DL251

MicChuck123

Head Amp Problem on SD12 and DL251

Post by MicChuck123 »

I'm having the same problem on two different Digital Stageboxes.

When using an SD16 that I have as well as A DL251 - I have this issue with M32s, X32s, and Pro2s - So I know that it's a problem with the DIgital Stage Boxes, and not the consoles.

When using the snake, I'm limited on gain - I can't even get an SM58 to clip when using the preamp on the digital snake. I have Preamp control (It's not trim ) and +48 Control.

What's going on here?

Video attached for reference

Thanks ahead of time
GaryH

Re: Head Amp Problem on SD12 and DL251

Post by GaryH »

Do you have the latest firmware installed on the SD16? People are using these all over, and DL251's without issue. Level issues noted using the Card out local tap for M/X32 but other tap points work fine. Work around exists for that though. Cable issue?
Last edited by GaryH on Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

Is it all of the channels or just some of the channels on the stage boxes? I had one (SD16) in a church go bad. It was most of the channels but not all of them. I had some signal but not much.

I told them to see about getting it repaired but we were repurposing them to another location and only needed one stage box there and we replaced the 2 SD16 boxes in the first location with a DL32. I don't think they ever got it repaired.
MicChuck123

Post by MicChuck123 »

@KMaxwell @GaryH

Hey guys thank you for your Feedback

1) Latest firmware on both units
2) This is an issue of digital I/O directly to the Channel Strips - All Pre Card scenarios
3) It happens on every channel of both boxes

Check out this google drive link to the video
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

I assume that if you look at the channel setting on the screen and the gain knob it says gain and not trim.
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

Having the same issues with the DL251 throws it all off. Very unlikely 2 stageboxes with the same problem. I would say the SD16 needs repair if using the latest firmware, except that both do the exact same thing. Still my lean at this point-its a faulty SD16. I might suggest to reset the X32 (save your scene first) and try again, In case there is some hidden parameter having some odd effect. If you can borrow another stagebox? try swapping Cat cables, try adjusting from the setup/preamps page?...this is far from normal results with using an SD16. I don't own and have not used a 251 so I can't really say except that people rave about the Midas blue series boxes when used by the X/M32.

Return to “Stageboxes”