I need more than one layer visible at the same time

All aspects of David Schumann's excellent mixing app
kmitchell

I need more than one layer visible at the same time

Post by kmitchell »

Does anyone know if it's possible to have more than one layer visible at the same time? I have a case in which I need to control a mix to FoH and also another mix to a streaming system. I know I can do it by creating a layout that has individual channel strips, but it would be nice to do it with layers.

Another option would be to use two tablets.
kmitchell

Re: I need more than one layer visible at the same time

Post by kmitchell »

WARNING: I'm leaving this here, but don't recommend this method. I've found a number of bugs in MS when having more than one mixer layer visible at the same time. The better method is to use individual channel strips arranged as you want them, or to use two tablets.
-------------------------
So, I'm back to answer my own question. I "sort of" figured out how to do this but it's not as clean as I would like. First, you create the two layers you want visible at the same time. Next, while still on the Layers Overview, drag the layers so the FoH layer is at the top and the Stream layer is right underneath it. This is Layer 1 and Layer 2. This is important.

Next, create a new layout and add two Mixer UI items. Edit the first mixer, set the Visible Channels to either Inherit or the number of channels you want visible for this layer. Set the Layer Offset to "0". Repeat for the second mixer except set the Layer Offset to "1". What this does is sets the second mixer to the first mixer layer +1. That's why the order is important in the Layers Overview. To keep the layers from getting messed up, I deleted the "Layer Buttons" from the right side of the layout.

Hopefully this makes sense. Feel free to ask questions.

Return to “Mixing Station”