Assign inputs to dca channels

M32 and X32 Digital Consoles
tebacious_bag

Assign inputs to dca channels

Post by tebacious_bag »

This is going to be a super quick answer to someone but Ive been racking my brain trying to remember how to do it. I have an X32 Compact and I've done it before where you can use you DCA channels to show your input channels. I.e. you then have 16 channels showing across your desk rather than having to press the different banks on the left. How do you do it again? :x :x
KMaxwell

Re: Assign inputs to dca channels

Post by KMaxwell »

I think you are confusing 2 different things together. if you want to see all 16 input channels across the 16 faders press the 2 Layer buttons (at the same time) on the left of the faders and you will see all 16 of those channels.

The other thing is DCA spill. If you are on firmware 4.* if you hit the DCA select button above the DCA master it will spill the input channels that are assigned to that DCA but I don't know what is does if you have more then 8 channels assigned to that DCA.
tebacious_bag

Post by tebacious_bag »

Ahhh, thank you! It was option A!! I knew it was something very simple!
However, I will look at that dca spill too. Can't remember off the top of my head what version I am on (one of them is pretty old) and I haven't dared upgrade it because the desk was set up years ago by somone else and there is allsorts configured on the matrix so I've just left it! Thanks again.
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

tebacious_bag wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:38 am Ahhh, thank you! It was option A!! I knew it was something very simple!
However, I will look at that dca spill too. Can't remember off the top of my head what version I am on (one of them is pretty old) and I haven't dared upgrade it because the desk was set up years ago by somone else and there is allsorts configured on the matrix so I've just left it! Thanks again.
I can understand your reluctance to updating the firmware. First I suggest that you check what version the mixer is on.Go to the setup screen and (I think it is on the first tab) the firmware version should be displayed. I think it is to the lower left of the screen. Let us know what version it is.

Do you know how to save a scene to a USB thumb drive? If you do save your main scene and then copy it here and we can take a look at it and maybe help you if you want to update the firmware. There are a lot of nice capabilities in the newest versions of the firmware.
tebacious_bag

Post by tebacious_bag »

KMaxwell wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:12 pm
tebacious_bag wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:38 am Ahhh, thank you! It was option A!! I knew it was something very simple!
I can understand your reluctance to updating the firmware. First I suggest that you check what version the mixer is on.Go to the setup screen and (I think it is on the first tab) the firmware version should be displayed. I think it is to the lower left of the screen. Let us know what version it is.

Do you know how to save a scene to a USB thumb drive? If you do save your main scene and then copy it here and we can take a look at it and maybe help you if you want to update the firmware. There are a lot of nice capabilities in the newest versions of the firmware.
One desk is 3.09 the other is even older!
KMaxwell

Post by KMaxwell »

The newest firmware is 4.09 and you are likely to lose some of your settings when you update it. I would suggest that you take pictures of all of your setup screens. These are all of the TABs across the top when you have the SETUP button lit next to the screen. This will enable you to put that information back into the console from looking at the setting in the pictures How many different scenes do you have? I suggest that you copy all of them to a thumb drive and also anything in the library tabs. I would also take pictures of all of the routing Tabs. I thought that you said you had one X32Comcact. How do you have everything all hooked up do you have digital stage boxes also?

And as I said before you update please post the main scene that you regularly use here so we can take a look and see if there is anything weird done in the scene.

Return to “M/X32 Consoles”