WingReaperAutoMate and WingWliveAutoMate in CLI mode

Support forum for the AutoMate family of console automation specifically designed for Behringer/Midas consoles by Patrick Gilles-Maillot.

This forum is also for support with Reaper and the X-Live expansion card with respect to AutoMate.

https://x32ram.com
Forum rules
For generic X-Live support, please go to the appropriate forum here:
viewforum.php?f=47
pmaillot

WingReaperAutoMate and WingWliveAutoMate in CLI mode

Post by pmaillot »

Hello,

A few words on the current progress made with WingReaperAutoMate and WingWLiveAutoMate.

Both apps now have the capability to work in CLI (Command Line Interface) mode, meaning there's 'no' GUI (Graphical User Interface). All standard commands can be provided from the keyboard with a single letter per command (for ex: 's' for "Save" or 'q' for "Quit"). I've been doing this to enable the applications to run under Linux, and possibly MacOS. The MacOS builds should be done soon (I depend on @Roblof for this, Big thanks for helping me there) and will be new apps which also take into account the upcoming changes in WING commands will be released with the (also upcoming, don't ask me when 'cuz I don't know) new WING firmware.
I ported a part of the GUI tools to the WING Custom Controls, adding a user selected layer to support the From, To, Undo, Reset, Delete, and ->0 functionalities.
Also included and new with the upcoming versions is the capability to copy (save) a mixing part (using the From and To data) and paste (merge) it at a new time (From data). This was proposed by @MJKlein who's currently mixing for a client and wanted to be able to reuse his 'best' mix parts here and there. I modified the programs to enable this and made a version for X32ReaperAutoMate too, so he could have a go at it. My tests show it to work correctly but I want to ensure it also work for 'real' users, not just me as a dev.

Updates will be automated for existing licensed users.

-Patrick

Return to “AutoMate Support”